One Less Cobra Owner

duner said:
Ed's not the only one who's sold their Cobra.

I sold both my Cobra and Ranger last Monday. I’ll miss a few things about the Cobra and nothing about the Ranger.

I will be looking for a Notch. I can't go too long without a little hot rod. The track day/HDPE bug has affected me and I can't stay away from that too long.

2005 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 5.7liter. I plan on a few mods but nothing crazy. De-badging it is in order.

IMG_0686.JPG

So, will one of those sand buggy thingies fit in the bed?:shrug: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Rogue Cobra said:
Keith - I would love to see you track the truck!!! :nice: :D :rlaugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
duner said:
Have fun at the class. I may drop in on you guys. Hell maybe I'll use the truck on the track days until I get another stang :rlaugh:

Why not drop by. Later in the day, you might get a ride.

Of course it's not the same as a real fix. If you decide to put the truck on the track, stay outta my way. You don't want the same rep as that old lady in the Z3. :D

03SHKR said:
Yeah. It's surprising how much grunt it has. And it rides really nice.

Let me know when you're in the area. You should take it for a drive now that the boost is up.
How much boost are you running? have you dynoed it yet? im just curious what those 4 banger turbos do. I've always wanted one of those years ago and I know they handle awsome:nice:

03yellowvenom said:
How much boost are you running? have you dynoed it yet? im just curious what those 4 banger turbos do. I've always wanted one of those years ago and I know they handle awsome:nice:
Well, I when hammer the pedal, the gage goes to about 18 psi. It hasn't been dynoed. Stock is supposed to be 200 HP. But, Jeff did a little work to it.

The Mach dynoed 322 rwhp. I don't think the SVO has that much power. But, it's probably not to far off. Maybe 275 rwhp? Maybe a little more? :shrug:

03SHKR said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why not drop by. Later in the day, you might get a ride.

Of course it's not the same as a real fix. If you decide to put the truck on the track, stay outta my way. You don't want the same rep as that old lady in the Z3. :D

Stay outa your way? Dude that thing has a Hemi :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :jester:

03SHKR said:
At about 5500 lbs., how many G's can that thing pull in a corner? Don't forget to factor in the Hemi under the hood and the roid in the seat.... :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :jester:

You're going to pay for that one my friend.... :rlaugh:

Watch out for the spittin’ tobacky as you pass me on the back straight :D

So did you buy Patrick's SVO?

lol good one i think keith should tack it to the track at least once. i have seen suv on the track before so why not a truck. and im sure those little ricer will see you coming and move over the first chance they get. un lik ewhen you in a little bmw (that has 0 straitaway speed) or a mustang that they never see coming till it too late

03SHKR said:
:doh: You assume an increase in boost is the only mod.... :stick:
No assumptions here ... you missed the part about the ported heads ;). Work over the heads & intake, put together a nice tune, and a new turbo, and then 275 is definitely doable. But it takes 25 psi to get that from the 2.3L no matter whatcha do to the heads. That's actually not half bad considering it already has 15 psi stock.

Dave