one step forward and two steps back

allen200

Aug 30, 2010
i brought my 95 gt to a buddy's house to swap out the aode to t-5 and on the way it dies twice on the interstate as if the key was turned off. cranked right back up though and ran fine. did the swap and the car ran terrible. not to mention was jumpin out of first gear on take off (must be blocker ring as no other damage was seen) my mom had bought this car new 15 years ago and hasnt changed anything other than the front rotors so we started with igniton went to autozone for rotor, cap, wires,plugs, ignition controller. still no luck it gets worse. mash on it and it falls flat bout 4k. must be fuel pump failure we're thinking. simple job turned to big project quickly

• Sponsors (?)

i brought my 95 gt to a buddy's house to swap out the aode to t-5 and on the way it dies twice on the interstate as if the key was turned off. cranked right back up though and ran fine. did the swap and the car ran terrible. not to mention was jumpin out of first gear on take off (must be blocker ring as no other damage was seen) my mom had bought this car new 15 years ago and hasnt changed anything other than the front rotors so we started with igniton went to autozone for rotor, cap, wires,plugs, ignition controller. still no luck it gets worse. mash on it and it falls flat bout 4k. must be fuel pump failure we're thinking. simple job turned to big project quickly

Dies completely??? Power and everything??? im thinking a short...

just engine dies, ac fan ,radio, gauages still have juice.. the only other thing i thought about is the module that controls fuel pump and fan controller but the fan comes on as it should. i was just hoping i would have brought the car home this weekend, i'm ready to ride. cant complain too much though, like i said every componet on the car has 15yrs of service including the cap and well worn rotor:)

PIP sensor...little guy in the distributor, tells the "puter where the #1 cylinder is....., you can change it fairly easily for ~20 bucks, might want a press and a not so common 5.5mm socket to do it. Otherwise, and maybe easier, just get a new distributor.

good luck

thanks, i've looked into it and it may very well be the case. no time to wrench this week end so I'll have to wait another weekend.:( I'm just frustrated I finally go with a t-5 sawp and all hell breaks loose. on a good note every part i throw at it will rejuvenate the tired stang