One Uppers Anyone?

Pokageek

Jun 10, 2005
MA, USA
Do you know anyone like this? You just modded your car with a new intake or something and they tell you about somebody with a modded 3 cylinder or a minibike with 500 horsepower doing 10's OR the USED to have a z28 that out ran your mustang. What's the dealio? Are they that insecure that they have to have had or know "someone" who is doing better than you? Or are they so wacked out that they automatically assume the worst of you and just have to give you a hard time rather than being a bud? :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Who knows ...

Is it possible that he just was talking about other kick a$$ setups? Or did it seem more like he was just trying to make you feel small?

Sometimes I have a hard time not assuming the worst of people, but then I remember how it comes across when my wife (who always assumes the worst of people) rags on someone when they say something in a way that might be mis-interpreted.

:shrug:

I often think that it's that they want to fit-in with you. They also show you that they're in the 'know' and have just as much drag as you do.

HISSIN50 said:
I often think that it's that they want to fit-in with you. They also show you that they're in the 'know' and have just as much drag as you do.
I agree JT......and there are the few that are just jealous.....:rlaugh:
Either I say "cool".....or let it go through one ear out the other.......some people are just looking to challenge......don't give em the satisfaction........

Yep..well in this case I know the guy well enought that he is not trying to just fit in..he does that to people..Kind of like an "I'll show you for trying to show off to me." Thing is, I wasn't try'n to show off, just excited about me car...

Someone did this to me just today. A guy at work told me he has a friend with a Mustang ('02 GT) that had 1375 HP at the wheels. Oh yeah, it's street legal too...I just looked at him while he told me about it...then when he was done I walked away without saying a word. Idiot.

That sounds like one of my friends, he ALWAYS says his uncle has _______ car with ______ Amount of horsepower, No matter how impossible His uncle has it, Like a 1993 Cobra with 2500miles and over 1500 HP street legal and still gets 20MPG lol,

People say that because it makes them feel like they can connect with you, they want you to like them, and it makes them feel smart and special lol

And mabe their parents didnt hug them enough as a child

badstang123 said:
Someone did this to me just today. A guy at work told me he has a friend with a Mustang ('02 GT) that had 1375 HP at the wheels. Oh yeah, it's street legal too...I just looked at him while he told me about it...then when he was done I walked away without saying a word. Idiot.
:lol: I love doing that.......shut's them right up and if you do it enough times they stop talking about it..........never respond to "one uppers".......it would give them the opportunity to "explain"........:rlaugh: