Open rebuild: 95 Cobra motor

95redSVT

Dec 20, 2003
Well...my baby finally died. The motor finally just stopped tickin yesterday. I was there at the end and she went out peacfully.

Ok actually the motor still runs but runs like crap and I dont know what the problem is. Its like she is missing a cyl and cont recover from it. Anyway thats not really a problem anymore. Ive hung the keys up and cleaned her out untill i can get around $4000 together to rebuild and replace what I want.

This is an open call for the forum here to build a new Cobra motor for me :D. If you have any suggestions on what to do or what to use voice those opinions and Im sure ill be picking what i want from the whole bunch. There are a few hold ups though and those are:

Total parts cost of $2000 or less
10:1 compression (10 to 11, im flexable)
Gotta have a better cam then a stock Cobra motor)

Thats pretty much it. stuff like fuel pump, ignition, stuff like that I can figure out on my own since my cash flow is unstable. Ill be using stock heads for now since i cant drop 1500 on them but i gotta get the bitch spinnin again. Also will be keeping the stock cobra intake for now (same reason as the heads). As for the Throttle Body thats staying stock but Ill be putting a cold air intake on it. She has no power adders (turbo/blower/nos) so dont sweat that. Im open to just about eny suggestion so feel free to put something down or ask a question about the car. If ive forgotten some important piece of info....ask. I might know the answer, I might not.

:)

• Sponsors (?)