Opinions needed about new exhaust

88Stang331

Mar 30, 2006
Currently i have a aftermarket H-pipe with two cats vice 4 on the stock, flow master mufflers, and BBK shorty headers.

I was looking into getting MAC shorty headers and a MAC H-Pipe with 2 hi flow cats and Magnaflow turbo mufflers.

Just curious if anybody has this set up, or uses any of these parts and what they think of them.

-Rich

• Sponsors (?)

Haven't heard good things about MAC's exhaust build quality - lots of alignment problems, especially with the headers (doesn't have a one-piece flange). You'd probably be better off looking at a set of Ford Racing stainless shorties, about the same price. Magnaflow is good stuff. Have you considered a Magnaflow X-pipe to go with the muffs?

Of course, I could always recommend Pypes Violator muffs, but their X-pipe doesn't use hanger brackets and would likely have the same problem of sagging low in the middle that mine does, so just be sure that whatever brand you go with has a tranny bracket hanger or two on it.

I have the same problem with my h-pipe now, there is no tranny mounting hardware, so it sags in the middle, which sucks if i go over any descent sized speed bump =\ MAC is not the only company I was looking at, but it was up there as far as being considered seriously. I've also thought about SLP, as I think they have a system out for the Fox body.

Edit: What about Bassani Shorty headers with a H pipe and magnaflow mufflers?

I have the MAC headers and i have never had a problem with alignment issues. I also, have a MAC off-road pipe and a bassani x-pipe with cats for emissions and i can swap exhausts in about 30 mins with no leaks.