orifice tube??

stangz4life

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
tampa,fl
After 4 days of trying to replace the a/c clutch it would not go on so i decided screw it and put on a whole new compresor on. i replaced the dryer also ..now my question is where is the dam orifice tube loceated i was told i should replace befor ei get recharged. i disconected the lines going to the condensor in front and i do not see anything..what line /hose is it in?:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

stangz4life said:
After 4 days of trying to replace the a/c clutch it would not go on so i decided screw it and put on a whole new compresor on. i replaced the dryer also ..now my question is where is the dam orifice tube loceated i was told i should replace befor ei get recharged. i disconected the lines going to the condensor in front and i do not see anything..what line /hose is it in?:bang:

I don't know where it is. But if you follow the high pressure lines after the condenser, it should hit the orifice tube, because that is where the refridgerant gets converted from high pressure to low pressure. Probably right where it starts to get cold is a good spot.

Another idea would be to get the new tube and use it as a reference.
Scott

well i thought it should be in the liquid line where it plugs into the condensor but i do not see it there any where.also i do have the new tube in hand pretty small and deff fits into one of the lines so you cant actually see it it is pressed into one of the hoses ....well ill keep lookin for now