Progress Thread Out With The New - In With The Old

My '92 LX has been a tremendous help in getting the '93 vert straightened out. It's got mods but the harness and all related stuff is intact to refer to.

IMG_1088.JPG

This is important! Got the EEC test port back where it belongs so it can be used. The tuck job I'm undoing had it inaccessible under the fender!

IMG_1087.JPG

Right shock tower area after moving harness back. The seals for the relay plugs are missing. So, I elected to mount them higher up in the compartment in hopes of keeping water out. O2 and airbag plugs also visible. MAF connector waiting at the top of the picture. The AC compressor and lines are missing from this car so there will be a few unused connectors related to that.

IMG_1083.JPG

Looks like a rats nest, I know. But that's the way it was originally. I'm not looking to win beauty contests under this hood. I just want things accessible like they were meant to be.

IMG_1084.JPG

WooooooHoooooo....!!!! We have functional windshield washer! I've preliminary checked all other accessories and all good. I've even restored the check oil warning light and low coolant lights. Snagged that sensor at Crazy Rays off a 94 with 5.0. $9. Suppliers want $70 for that part.

IMG_1086.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

They may have ran another wire when they swapped it to AOD....getting rid of the clutch switch. That switch plug should have a jumper installed in it. Without that the car wouldn't start from the key.

Boy isn't wiring behind someone fun....?

Well I actually do find joy in it...after a couple minutes of cussing and scratching my head.

I've got a breakout box that can really help making sure all the wiring and the computer are doing what they are supposed to. I've also got an OTC ford efi scanner for our cars.

You're in Maryland so I'm sure I could make a trip to help out if needed.

Awsome! I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

I dont care how long it takes me to do make this car a reliable fun driver. I get out here, start working and forget all the stresses of the world. Great pass time for me....

Reactions: 2 users
Shoot, I think I'll go for cruise control too. But I'm not sure I have the correct throttle cable. All the cruise components are there. It's an original cruise control car but I think the current throttle cable is from a non cruise car. Cruise cable from the diaphragm is there but I don't see how it will hook up to the linkage at the TB.

I had a cruise control cable assembly somewhere. I've got to check my stash after work tomorrow.

I was going to run cruise on my car but have since ditched that idea. I scrounged all the parts to do it though...:thinking:

I'll post some pictures of my current TB linkage, throttle cable and cruise cable. Maybe we can figure out what I need. I think what I need is a throttle cable setup intended for automatic transmission as this car was originally T5.

On the cruise control cable, everything is actually here. I just needed to snap it back together. The cruise cable and vacuum hose had been tucked under the fender with the harness.

My trans TV cable adjuster is worn and won't hold a setting. So I had clamped a small piece of rubber hose onto it to hold its position after getting it adjusted right.

IMG_1092.JPG

That's good news. Most people break the plastic end trying to get it off. Wish I had a kick down cable laying around. Out of the many mustangs I've owned only 1 had an AOD. That car got parted out a long time ago. Wish I would've kept it. An automatic would be nice to drive every once in a while.

Still making progress but I've never had a car make such a mess in my garage before.

Have a look at this pulley arrangement. Not a normal AC equipped 93 fox. So what is here? Where do these brackets and accessories come from?

IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1107.JPG
IMG_1108.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1112.JPG
IMG_1113.JPG
IMG_1116.JPG

That would be me!

When I get this thing off the stands and moving under its own power, a major garage cleaning will be done. My struggle is that I'm working on this thing in short blips of time. If I had to alot time for cleanup, I wouldn't get as much done on the car. Although, I must admit it's getting to the point where tools are harder to find.

Very clean engine compartment there! So, are non AC cars rare?
Thanks, wish it still looked like that :(

Don't know on rarity, i would assume so but it was very possible to order a stripped down 5.0 lx coupe back in the day without power windows/locks, no ac, basic seats, basic radio, etc and it be basically a factory drag racer that weighed less than 3k lbs.