OVER HEATING ???

jghood13

Oct 2, 2003
NY
I bought my car thursday and intill today I had not seen the temp gauge move past the 130 140 area... Now today it started sitting between the middle and the N in normal... is this just a bad gauge????.. I quickly changed the thermostat to try to bring it down... but it didn't work also it seems the heat comes and goes as it pleases when I have it blasting.. When I feel the hood it feels cool and the hoses seem soft and the radiator cap comes off with no harmfull consequences...

• Sponsors (?)

Impossible to tell without an accurate guage reading from a true temp gauge..the stocker could be wrong in either reading low or high, I'd not waste any time getting an autometer on there to find out before something possibly gets damaged.

You need a means of accurately knowing coolant temps in order to infer anything. An aftermarket gauge is a wise idea.
The stock gauges suck.

Good luck.

My stock guage was runnin just above the middle tick 3 weeks ago... I decided to install an autometer guage and it turns out the car was getting up to 230 degrees!!!

Wire that new guage, a 2 1/16" guage is about $50