Paint opinions, what would you guys do here?

I'd let him do it. I just painted a jeep for the first time last weekend, silver (basecoat/clearcoat) and spraying the paint is the easy part. If he can get the prep work done, then he should be able to handle a gun.

It took me a month to prep and just 1 day to spray. I don't know what paint your going to use, but I used the Sherwin Williams automotive, and it was some good stuff. I have 0 experience spraying cars and this stuff laid down beautifully. And it was only about $200 for everything, 1 gallon 2k primer, 3quarts base, and 1 gallon clear.

• Sponsors (?)

If you are looking for professional painters' opinions of a brand of paint, you can probably find it here. Pro painters engage in very detailed, helpful discussions of brands and product lines. Benjamin Moore and Sherwin-Williams paints are the overwhelming favorites. Posters repeatedly recommend mid-range, high-end and low-VOC paints from these brands.

painting ideas

If you are looking for professional painters' opinions of a brand of paint, you can probably find it here. Pro painters engage in very detailed, helpful discussions of brands and product lines. Benjamin Moore and Sherwin-Williams paints are the overwhelming favorites. Posters repeatedly recommend mid-range, high-end and low-VOC paints from these brands.

painting ideas

:spam:

damn, forgot about this thread. just saw it on the top..

i ended up meeting a dude off cl to sell some mustang parts one day. turned out he was a painter, but was lacking mechanical skill. so im helpin him build his car, in exchange for him painting my car. we have done 95% of the body work.

this weekend it will get fully prepped and primered. then probably the following weekend it will get the paint/clear coat. so i beat the $100 dollar paint job from a professional painter even :D

it isin't going to get fully primered. just in the area's where we didnt finish body work. ie; prepped and primer. there is some fine detail work left to do. i'm not the painter, just have a relative idea of what we are doing from here.

we spent a good 20 hours on body work so far, it is a siht load of work alright. we gotta primer my hood once we smooth it out, some small body work, ect.

we are painting the exterior only. no jams or engine bay stuff. it's going back to oem color, just ALOT straighter. painting all the window trims, fresh black body stripe.