Painting calipers, any tips?

• Sponsors (?)

bullitt_2620 said:
Powdercoat em :nice: ...definately the way to go if you got a hook up. Brake dust comes off with the hose, kinda nice.

Thats what I plan to do. I just can't decide what color. I want to do something other than Red. I'm thinking Black or maybe something close to my car color.

btw if you don't have a local PC company Lee over at www.pristinepc.com has really great prices and the work is immaculate.

plus with poweder coat you have to 100% disemble the whole caliper because anything that cant be baked at 400+ deg has to be taken out....so IMO powder coat for things like calipers is a pain....use duplicolor and tape everything off.

88stangmangt said:
plus with poweder coat you have to 100% disemble the whole caliper because anything that cant be baked at 400+ deg has to be taken out....so IMO powder coat for things like calipers is a pain....use duplicolor and tape everything off.

:nice:

And... is that cheaper than just buying some Bullitt or Cobra brakes?

I plan on putting "Pony" Bullitt (Red) calipers on the front with better rotors and keep my painted rears but swap out the rotors to slotted.

McTeague said:
For $69 at AutoZone you can get a set of front calipers that are refurbed and powder coated in your choice of three different colors.

Meh... thats alot more work to swap calipers, bleed brakes and spend 70 bucks for something that can be done for 4 bucks with almost the same results if the calipers are prepped right.

Now... if you are in need of a new set of calipers, then that is the way to go for sure.

McTeague said:
For $69 at AutoZone you can get a set of front calipers that are refurbed and powder coated in your choice of three different colors.

What now? You can get two front calipers that are refurbed and powdercoated .. from autozone? :scratch:

i just painted mine on with a brush, not sure with what paint it was something a friend of mine had already bought. just took my time to let it dry, and put on a few coats, and it looks great and is holding up pretty well.