Partshopper needs your input....

C.Harris

Da Boss
Founding Member
Dec 20, 1998
As you guys may or may not know, we at Partshopper.com work diligently at ensuring we provide top quality products and those in the most demand to our customers. Many customers already know we provide later model Mustang 5.0/4.6 performance parts, but we also want to cater to the earlier carburated Mustangs as well. If you look around you will see that we are already providing some of the more popular products for the small block Ford engines.

What we would like is some input from you on products that you would like to see at Partshopper. Partshopper has been in business a number of years, and we are a Better Business Bureau affiliate. We take customer service very seriously and provide quick shipping, tracking information and tech support as well. It is through revenue generated at Partshopper that we are able to bring this website to the public. So if you have the time, please feel free to give us any recommendations you may have for performance products pertaining to carbed Mustangs.

Pro3 Industries, Inc. has huge buying power, and we will do our best to bring these items, you recommend, to the website! :nice:

Thanks, We appreciate your support!

• Sponsors (?)

65stanger said:
:p
At least I actually OWN a Mustang, and ain't just dreaming about one! :rolleyes:

Hey, I own 3 Mustangs!

1.)1965 'vert (1/24 scale diecast metal with operable doors hood and steering)
2.)'66 GT-350H (1/24 scale Revell plastic kit)

3.) And one fullsize, almost Indian Fire 1HP all-terrain model. Shown here with my "pit boss", Matthew. View attachment 500935 Don't know which one looks more like he just rolled out of bed, Matt or the horse! :D

Anyways, on with the original topic:
1.) I too wouldn't mind some hop-ups for a six-in-a-row - Hey, it can only help in the search!
2.)Maybe some of the "5.0EFI on a 351Windsor block" parts.
3.)Suspension parts, subs, etc.
4.) Tranny swap aids (crossmembers, cable/hydraulic clutch kits, etc)

Yeah, sure everybody sells this stuff. But it seems like every day we find another thread starting with "Windsor-Plus-Flaming-Fox Ripped Me Off!!!!". Real stuff sold by somebody that can be trusted to ship on time and answer the phone afterwards would likely make a killing and get tons of repeat and word-of-mouth business!

StangDreamin' said:
Hey, I own 3 Mustangs!

3.) And one fullsize, almost Indian Fire 1HP all-terrain model. Shown here with my "pit boss", Matthew. View attachment 500923 :D
I don't think they'll be carrying parts for #3 any time soon............. :shrug:

Back on topic:
Sequential taillights ala Shelby for the '65 - '66 crowd (something like the '65 t-bird's)
Halogen headlight conversion kits (i.e.: wiring harness)

Electronic ignition conversion kits (I-6.....)

Shelby Drop kit...include an aluminum template (with pilot holes), pilot drill bit and the ever elusive finished size bit 17/64" (.........the buyer can supply his own intermediate bit sizes......) and well written instructions for morons like me!

comprehensive and readable wiring diagrams for some of the more popular resto-mod / conversion projects

INEXPENSIVE (not cheap) Repro's of the Rally-Pac w/ complete wiring.

If you want electronic ignition for Sally, just go to Summit and get a Pertronix PNX-1261 or PNX-91261 and you're all set!

:nice:

They have kits for everything, I even converted my 1955 Super 55 Oliver Farm Tractor over to electronic ignition.

Unless partshopper can compete with the big "Classic" vendors, there really is not much of a point.

The best parts are the ones that get bought the most. Those would be mostly the basic suspension stuff. The hard part about it is the fact that it is a very competitive market.

Start off with the basics.
Coil springs
Leaf Springs
Shocks
sway bars
Shock tower brace
export brace

Keep these all performance oriented as most people who come here are into performance a bit more than stock applications.

StangDreamin' said:
I thought you were gonna fix that before you put in the new rear axle? :scratch:
Actually, the "new" rear axle is part of that fix, along with repairing the egged-out spring mount hole on one side and patching the rail on the other.

Now, if you really, really, really, REALLY like me, for Christmas you'll send sally* a set of 3.50:1 gears for her tight little 8" rear!;):D:nice:

*use my shipping address....:920 Bayview Drive, E. Marion, NY 11939:nice:

My post was more geared towards performance items for the earlier carbed Mustangs. The market for OE replacement body panels, wiring harnesses, interiors, etc is saturated and we aren't looking to expand into that market at this time. I figured though, that you guys may be a good source for suggestions pertaining to engine, transmission, wheel and rearend upgrades, etc that you might want to see offered at Partshopper, I will look into Pertronix and gears for 8" rears in the meantime.