PCV

JRS02GT

Jun 4, 2005
Ruskin, Fl.
I was cleaning my engine the other day & noticed some oil on the engine's right valve cover. It seemed odd since I know I didn't spill any when I changed it. I cleaned it and drove it for a few days. I checked it & it had a little oil there again. It looks like it is seeping out of the PCV valve where it connects to the hose that runs to the upper plenum. The car has also been idling poorly lately too. I am figuring that the two problems are connected. I hav never noticed a PCV system pulling oil into itself before. I thought it just sucked up excess gasses. There is enough coming out to thinly coat that valve cover & get a little in the tube that runs to the plenum. It is only that one side, the valve on the opposite cylinder head is not doing it. Is that normal?

• Sponsors (?)

The PCV system sucks crankcase vapors back to the plenum to be burned. Crankcase vapors contain oil. Either the little gromet in the valve cover is ripped, or the PCV valve isn't fully seated (or screwed if you have a later model.)

Hey Randy: I tried to get the part that you recommended, but my local dealers don't stock it. They gave me part # D9ZZ6A666A. It is different from the original part in that it has 2 tubes on the top and both are considerably smaller than the tube it needs to fit with on the stock setup. Is D9ZZ6A666A even the correct part at all? I don't trust either of the local dealers and was hoping you might be able to help.

JRS02GT said:
Hey Randy: I tried to get the part that you recommended, but my local dealers don't stock it. They gave me part # D9ZZ6A666A. It is different from the original part in that it has 2 tubes on the top and both are considerably smaller than the tube it needs to fit with on the stock setup. Is D9ZZ6A666A even the correct part at all? I don't trust either of the local dealers and was hoping you might be able to help.

yeah the "D9ZZ" is a push-in one and yours should be a 1/4 twist/turn and lock in place. the one they sold you will work inna' pinch, just don't use that plastic 2 port adapter that came wth it.

Randy:

I have the same problem with the local dealer. I actually have the "Heated" Pcv valve. I refuse to pay $40.00 for the heated valve (I live in Southern California...the land of 70 degree winters). Is there an alternate part number?

I received the D9ZZ Valve and the outlet pipe diameter is significantly smaller than the outlet on the heated valve (like 1/4" opposed to 1/2"). I appreciate the help!!

Matt :SNSign:

Matt's 03 GT said:
Randy:

I have the same problem with the local dealer. I actually have the "Heated" Pcv valve. I refuse to pay $40.00 for the heated valve (I live in Southern California...the land of 70 degree winters). Is there an alternate part number?

I received the D9ZZ Valve and the outlet pipe diameter is significantly smaller than the outlet on the heated valve (like 1/4" opposed to 1/2"). I appreciate the help!!

Matt :SNSign:

yeah, you can also use the 2X4Z-6A666-AA which is @$9.00

RandyStinchcomb said:
yeah the "D9ZZ" is a push-in one and yours should be a 1/4 twist/turn and lock in place. the one they sold you will work inna' pinch, just don't use that plastic 2 port adapter that came wth it.

Thanks for the reply. I will see if I can get the single port cap off the original and use that. If not, I will just buy one. Is the rubber grommett that matches up with it supposed to be a huge pain in the butt to get in? I started trying to get it in place on Saturday and fiddled with it throughout the weekend. It is still not in. I am almost convinced it is the wrong part.