People who critique your car

I can't remember anyone bashing my car in a serious manner. Critiquing? God yes... a lot.

Doesn't really bother me. It's not going to make me change anything about the car until I'm ready to do it, so it's pointless to bother me with it is kind of how I see it.

I've gotten the 5.0 spiel a few times. Tell that person it's a 4.6 and it's usually the first time they've ever heard of the engine, much less that the 5.0 is dead. It's people like that, that walk through a car show and point at every Ford and say "that there's a 5.0... yes sir", and they're looking at an early 90's Taurus SHO...

Also heard people talking about finding a "cop interceptor" engine to drop in their 4.6 powered whatever, since they're the king of power. That always gives me a chuckle.

As do people who figure their horsepower ratings from the manufacturer's claimed power increase. If that was the case, my car would be somewhere around tree fiddy horsepower all motor at the wheels!!! hahahaha.

But the nice thing is getting a compliment about the car. I've had guys talk **** about Mustangs directly to me, and then say they like mine because it's tasteful and not overdone. That's nice to hear, especially when someone dislikes the make/model in general.

Had a guy in a 3-series (late 90's, early 2000's, not new TT models) tell me he outran a Cobra in my body style with no problems, and that his car pulls hard all the way to 170mph.. that he'd run me, etc., etc. and that he had a TON of headwork and cams (sure sounded that way when he started it... uhhh... right, lol). I told him I was going to the track the coming week, and he fired back with he was too, but a different one. Of course, but he still said it was clean and sounded good.

• Sponsors (?)

Haven't gotten any "suggestions" for my Mustang yet but back when I drove a Ranger my friend would tell me all the time how I should swap out the 2.3L four banger for his old '88 Cadillac Brougham's 307(?) with a blown head gasket. :rolleyes:

One of our neighbors walked past my car when I was flushing the coolant and commented on how the 4.6 was "such a big engine in a small car."

Well, I guess when I get back to America and start driving my 4.6, I'll just say "Yep" when anyone asks if it's a 5.0. I guess if they aren't smart enough to know that '96-'98 cars aren't 5.0s, then there is no point in even trying to defend the 4.6.