performance chips

sparky99

Dec 18, 2003
is there any performance computer chips that calibrate speedometers to fix the speedo after a gear change?

If so, would this be a worthwhile mod for a gt with an offroad x pipe (no cats) flowmasters and 3.73's or for the money would it be best to just by the speedcal for now.

• Sponsors (?)

I use a hypertech programmer for mine. If you plan on having a custom chip burned in the future I would prob just go with the speedcal owever if you have an automatic the speedcal doesn't work. With the hypertech I can adjust my rev limiter, top speed governer and tire/gear settings for my speedo? I have to take the performance tune out when I am sprayin though

sparky99 said:
is there any performance computer chips that calibrate speedometers to fix the speedo after a gear change?

If so, would this be a worthwhile mod for a gt with an offroad x pipe (no cats) flowmasters and 3.73's or for the money would it be best to just by the speedcal for now.
Any chip can do that.. I'm happy with my Autologic so far. It can turn off your 02 sensors for the o/r x, calibrate speedo, and if you get a dyno tune you can perfect the timing for premium octane and clean up the a/f ratio quite a bit.

-wade

Claytuc3,
I would definetly reccomend a dynotune especuially with your setup. Get a flip chip so you don't have to keep messing around with your programs. Also On a side note my tuner said my Mass air voltage was doing screwy things because of my C&L meter, but he was able to straighten it out. Have you dynoed your car with AF yet? I would be interested in seeing how that kit you have is.

yeah I am going to get one here soon. However I have a couple more mods I am going to do soon. I am ditching the nitrous and going to buy the Kenne Belle and shortblock. So I have not spent money on the tune yet. Oh yeah I have run a 11.8 at 117 with the 125 shot. I do not use the performance tuning with the hypertech I just use it for the speedo and governers. I retard the timing 5 degrees and speay away. But if I was going to stay this route I would have tuned already. I drove all of the way to the damn dyno shop and when I got there it was busted so I spent 10 hours driving to atlanta for no reason

Yep, any chip can do that for you pretty much. I have a Diablo and have been very happy with mine. Plus it will really help out when I want to adjust a/f ratio after my L/T's and midpipe install hopefully in mid to late march :nice: :nice: :nice:

ok - with this being said - what kind of chip should i look at with my combo
o/r x
3.73's
flow's

and for that matter - would it be worth the money to have it tuned and by whom
with the performance chips i wouldnt know who to have set the chip in the missouri/kansas area

any hints on type of chip and how to find somebody to tune it and do a really good job?

sparky99 said:
ok - with this being said - what kind of chip should i look at with my combo
o/r x
3.73's
flow's

and for that matter - would it be worth the money to have it tuned and by whom
with the performance chips i wouldnt know who to have set the chip in the missouri/kansas area

any hints on type of chip and how to find somebody to tune it and do a really good job?
my autologic has been reliable and smooth so far.. can't help you on tuners in your area tho

sparky99 said:

Call summit and order you a Hypertech 41005 if you car is a 99-01 and a 41027 for 02 and newer , you will be GREATLY pleased , they are on sale right now for $329 thru the end of feb.