performance mod that wont void warrany for 03 cobra

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
My friend would like to know what kind of performance mods he can do to his 03 cobra vert. that wont ruin his warrany. He would like to get as muck horsepower as the warrany police will allow.

• Sponsors (?)

just4bob50 said:
My friend would like to know what kind of performance mods he can do to his 03 cobra vert. that wont ruin his warrany. He would like to get as muck horsepower as the warrany police will allow.
It's different with almost every service department! Have him go to the Ford SVT dealer where he plans on having his car serviced when needed. Talk to the service advisor and ask them what they think about a CAI or a cat-back exhaust. If they don't have a problem with that, ask about a catted x-pipe. I know some dealers who let smaller pullies slide by under warranty! I've also read of service departments that try to void a warranty for just a CAI.

U.M.

My local service department lets me get by with the mods listed in my sig.

Uncle Meat said:
It's different with almost every service department! Have him go to the Ford SVT dealer where he plans on having his car serviced when needed. Talk to the service advisor and ask them what they think about a CAI or a cat-back exhaust. If they don't have a problem with that, ask about a catted x-pipe. I know some dealers who let smaller pullies slide by under warranty! I've also read of service departments that try to void a warranty for just a CAI.

U.M.

My local service department lets me get by with the mods listed in my sig.
Yup.