PI headswap first start....BIG PROBLEM HELP!!

hey guys i started up the car after the headswap and it started fine then all of a sudden this big ass puddle of oil started coming from under the car so I looked around to where it might come from and its coming from the back of the driver side head?? What the hell is this problem? the passenger side is fine and its losing oil to fast to be a gasket. Please help me guys..

• Sponsors (?)

Did you get them new or used? Warped/Cracked head maybe??? :shrug: I'd still suspect the gasket myself. Eitherway, sounds like you're going to have to remove it again and then you should find out.

98blackstallion said:
why cant i just swap the plugs in the heads where there at now?

Good luck man, when I did the swap I didnt tighten the one plug enough and so it was leaking kinda bad. Well, if you want to put those plugs in while the heads are on the car, you need to first off, find a set of plugs. I think you can get them new at seanhylandmotorsport.com. Then you will need a VERY skinny 1/4 inch drive with the self ratcheting action. The one bigger plug (which sounds like the one that you are missing) is 8mm or 5/16 inch. The smaller plug is so small its just stupid. I dont know the size on that one though.

Anyway, you will probably need the exhaust off the car ( midpipe at least). Get the car as high as you can in the air and have someone hold a light from the top so you can see what you are doing. Its a real pain, and they have to be in there tight, or it will still leak. Oh, and make sure you put something on the plugs (teflon tape or something) because if you dont, it will still leak. (can you tell I have done this before :rolleyes: ) Anyway, good luck, PM me if you need any help...

If they were used heads they should be in there, usually only the heads new don't have the plugs. Your valve cover gasket might not be sealed on the head at the back and oil is just coming out there. Crawl under the car and take a look, its pretty easy to see the back of the heads from down there.