PICS!! Cool stang at Lebanon Valley Dragway

• Sponsors (?)

That's awesome, I have always been a big fan of the autumn orange color. I usually don't like that particular hood, but the color on the sides sets it off nicely. I like the side exhaust obviously lol, it looks like he mounted his clocked under the car a bit more than mine, the exhaust holes have a downward angle to them. Maybe whenever I have mine off this winter to repaint them, I'll try that...looks kinda cool.

Wow!!!

Seen a couple stangs with the black paint on the topside and each was awesome. Not sure they were as clean as the one in those pics, though. Very nice.

Nice wheel/tire combo too. Looks perfectly flush with the sides.

Like ya said........what in the world is under that hood? That is one seriously tall hood, so hopefully it's got a motor to match.

Holy cowl, Batman! I really like it except for ginormous hood. Is it laser red? It looks like it, but it looks like it be a little more orange than laser red...Could just be the light...

Autumn orange - it's a 97 color

Im pretty sure thats not autumn orange. I have seen autumn orange in person, original paint on a 97, and it was much more of a tanish/gold hue. The orange on the posted car looks more like a burnt orange or beryllium (Saleen color). I just finished my color theory class last semester, so i see colors in a whole different way now, lol.

As for the car, i think it looks so badass, but i think a regular cobra R hood, or a cowl hood would have been perfect. I wonder whats under the hood??:rolleyes:

Im pretty sure thats not autumn orange. I have seen autumn orange in person, original paint on a 97, and it was much more of a tanish/gold hue. The orange on the posted car looks more like a burnt orange or beryllium (Saleen color). I just finished my color theory class last semester, so i see colors in a whole different way now, lol.

As for the car, i think it looks so badass, but i think a regular cobra R hood, or a cowl hood would have been perfect. I wonder whats under the hood??:rolleyes:

You may be thinking of aztec gold:
bulbs3.jpg

Another Autumn Orange car:
dscf0048ls9.jpg

dscf0058yx2.jpg

dscf0020jd5.jpg

Another (97 gt saleen clone):
34951077187096og6.jpg

Remember I already went through design school lol. Lighting affects the appearance of a color in many ways as well. If that color isn't autumn orange, it's a custom color that is damn close.

The only other color I'm thinking of is what Oink painted his clone, although the vibrance of the color and the metallic in it seem to be much more intense.
His color was made with the following recipe:
Dupont Hot Hues Brillant Silver base coat - 3 coats
Dupont Hot Hues Molten Candy Orange - 4 coats

car4nf8.jpg

And lastly, you can't buy the beryllium paint, Saleen won't sell it or release the mixture to anyone except a dealer and you have to own a beryllium car that is having paint work done.

It's cool man lol. I love autumn orange, if I were ever crazy enough to want to do a color change on my car, that would be the color...I doubt I ever will though.

Yea when i had my accident, i wanted to paint the car a burnt orange color like that, but then i decided taking the motor out, taking the doors and trunk off, and doing all that extra work just wasnt worth it. Not to mention it would cost me an arm and a leg to have done.

Right now my brain is on overload, and once i searched the difference of the 2 different colors it became very obvious to me. You know how stressful ID finals are haha. I am sick as hell, havent slept in days, and i have to fix my fuel pump before friday so i can drive home. Good times.

ya, thats an awesome car... CLARK! I didnt rtealize you went to lebanon valley raceway too... i havnt gone for quite a while, but id love to go some wednesday night for test n tune and maybe run it once i figure out my ping demons... I NEED to see your car in person sometime, maybe a bunch of us from the area could meet up at the track, if not to run them then at least to just shoot the s*** and check out each others rides... PM me if interested sometime real soon, or at least through the summer, Kyle

That cars sick. I'll hopefully be getting down to lebanon valley in a few weeks or so. I've got my car running OK, but i've got alot of tuning ahead of me. I also work wednesday nights so i'll have to get one off and head down.

Adam