Pics of Mustang Cat Backs from underneath

CaliLifeStyle

Jun 9, 2004
Oxnard, CA
I'm having some rubbing issues with my newly install Goodyear 315's and my Bassani Cat Back. No matter what I do the driver side tailpipe rubs the tire. I am thinking of having a exhaust shop fab up a side exhaust system using my Bassani mufflers. I need some pics so I can get a visual of what would need to be done. If its possible I'll have them do it to get rid of any rubbing issues. If not, I'll have them just make new tailpipes or modify the current one. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: My Mustang is still at home. I car pooled today. So I can't look under right now.

• Sponsors (?)

have no fear, i love whoring out my cars under carriage.

this is the best pic i have. hope it helps.

slpx-install004.jpg

Attachments

• slpx-install004.jpg
    slpx-install004.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 87
Hmm. Not much room to work with. It could probably be done with your "mufflers" :D . However, I don't know how much more I can move my mufflers forward to allow for the pipe to exit out the side. If they can do it, I want the tips to look Cobra R style.

CaliLifeStyle said:
I'm having some rubbing issues with my newly install Goodyear 315's and my Bassani Cat Back. No matter what I do the driver side tailpipe rubs the tire. I am thinking of having a exhaust shop fab up a side exhaust system using my Bassani mufflers. I need some pics so I can get a visual of what would need to be done. If its possible I'll have them do it to get rid of any rubbing issues. If not, I'll have them just make new tailpipes or modify the current one. Thanks in advance.

P.S.: My Mustang is still at home. I car pooled today. So I can't look under right now.

Could you have an exhaust shop do a bend right before your tailpipe (around the tire,) then have them trim down the tailpipe to slip over the custom piece?

sgarlic said:
Could you have an exhaust shop do a bend right before your tailpipe (around the tire,) then have them trim down the tailpipe to slip over the custom piece?

Well, it looks like they'll need to bend it right as it comes from around the gas tank. I think it should be a easy fix. If not, side exhaust it is.

Jackie Chan said:
its easy to do it, call a pull it yourself JY to get the bumper or cruise the v6 forums

Too much hassle. Then I'll have another bumper just sitting their in my garage. Then if the V6 bumper is all scratched up I'll have to get it fixed. The only other choice would be the Roush covers but they are like $160 a piece. So I'm hoping the exhaust shop could fix it. Side exhaust is just a last resort.