100_1417.jpg

100_1416.jpg

100_1418.jpg

100_1419.jpg

And my stampede with my mustang:
100_1420.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Payed $8,500

Yeah, it's fairly basic, but that's what I wanted. I have a $16,000 truck with all the bells and whistles, and a stereo that hurts my face, haha.

This is my toy though. my baby. It's going to get some love, that's for sure.

Already have some carbon fiber stuff that I'm about to go install, and I'm going with black cobra replica wheels wrapped in Toyo Proxes (17x9)

Later it's getting a short shifter, FRPP 3.73's, SLP loudmouth II and MAYBE an intake, but I'm not so sure on the intake since It may very well get some Kenne Bell love later in life. But I'm sure I will buy a K&N intake since it wont see boost for a while.

Nice man, looks really clean.

How do those 16's hook?? ;)

If you get a tuner you can rid the 117mph limiter if you so feel to eclipse that speed.

Not gonna lie, you probaly will.

Those 16's don't hook. Any time I go near the throttle the traction control freaks out and cuts the fuel. But I drive responsibly 98% of the time, so that won't bother me.

As for the 117 speed limiter, and I will be getting a tuner, so that will be gone, because I live roughly 30 minutes from Summit Point Raceway, and that straight away is good for 145-155 easy in this car. Maybe more, I'm not sure.

God it's alot of power though... Definitely the craziest car I've owned... Don't get me wrong, I'm very careful with it (I'd hate to make payments on a car that's always in the repair shop, lol) But you all know as well as I do that you don't have to ball out to lose it in cars like these.

NICE. So did you have to cut out the bumper at all? Or do the 4" tips tuck right in?

Shouldn't have to. Four inch tips will just about completely fill out the exhaust cut outs on a stock GT bumper. 3.5" is a popular size because its noticabley bigger than stock but not huge. I have an SLP LM II catback with 3.5" tips and I love it but I honestly wouldn't mind 4" because they look so sick. Either route you go make sure you go with rolled tips (which come standard with SLP exhaust systems anyway) like someone on here already mentioned. Rolled tips really make the exhaust stand out in my opinion.:nice:

Shouldn't have to. Four inch tips will just about completely fill out the exhaust cut outs on a stock GT bumper. 3.5" is a popular size because its noticabley bigger than stock but not huge. I have an SLP LM II catback with 3.5" tips and I love it but I honestly wouldn't mind 4" because they look so sick. Either route you go make sure you go with rolled tips (which come standard with SLP exhaust systems anyway) like someone on here already mentioned. Rolled tips really make the exhaust stand out in my opinion.:nice:

By rolled you mean slash cut?

Because the shop I go to will cut them to line up perfectly with the bumper, so as it rolls in, the tips will roll in equally. Should look incredible when all is said and done.

No I didnt have to modify the bumper at all they just tucked right in. Slash cut and rolled are different cuts. The rolled ones are like the one in the pic. Slash cut are just pipe that is cut at an angle, they look sick from the side, but you cant really see them from the back because the metal is too thin, they basically look like stock gt tips but bigger and chrome. Also, the tips in the pic come on the borla stinger catback, I dunno if you can buy them separate.

Ahhh man race track action!!! :hail2:

Get to know the car, feel it out, cut that traction control off and let her rip a few times. You WILL wear a smile for quite a while.

And yea, the Dakota looks pretty darn nice. Always like those trucks.

4" tips would look great on your car.

By rolled you mean slash cut?

Because the shop I go to will cut them to line up perfectly with the bumper, so as it rolls in, the tips will roll in equally. Should look incredible when all is said and done.

Nah like bullitt said slash cut and rolled are different. The tips that SLP makes are rolled but the are slightly cut at an angle so they resemble the look of slash cut tips from the side but then they are rolled so the metal is thicker than just a regular cut pipe. Here are some before and after pics of my 2002 GT with the stock exhuast and then with the SLP LM II catback with 3.5" rolled tips so you can compare what a regular slash cut looks like compared to a rolled tip.

Before.
s73000872kp9.jpg

After.
s7300161fd2.jpg

After close-up.
s7300163ih7.jpg

If you want an SLP LM II setup you can just order the whole catback setup with all the piping then just buy 4" tips and keep the 3.5" that it comes with as spares or you could just use the stock piping buy the SLP LM II resonators weld em in then buy some Borla or something simlar 4" rolled tips. The nice thing about most bolt on exhausts is that you can mix and match parts and have your own custom setup.

PS Sorry for the pic size but they wouldn't rezize correctly. Hopefully since the pics are the size of Alaska you can clearly see the difference. Again I appologize...:rlaugh: