Pics of my new Cobra.

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
  • Sponsors (?)

Aw hell with the gas mileage....:rlaugh:

Let's see the time slip on that bad boy....it's got the cage and looks like Nitto's on the back.....so I know it's been.....:D

Awesome car...and I bet you didn't get on it once during the trip....:rolleyes:

Had a smile the whole time didn't you :nice:

That's a sweet ass car! How did it do on gas on the way back? Any future plans for it?

20-22 MPG avg on the way back. I was kind of surprised. I wont do to much with it, prob change the rims exhaust and there is a very good chance a polished vortech will be found under the hood :D

Aw hell with the gas mileage....:rlaugh:

Let's see the time slip on that bad boy....it's got the cage and looks like Nitto's on the back.....so I know it's been.....:D

Awesome car...and I bet you didn't get on it once during the trip....:rolleyes:

Had a smile the whole time didn't you :nice:

Actually I didnt get on it all that much on the way back, I was trying to get the best MPG as I could. I ripped on it pretty good yesterday, that cage makes it so stiff it just hooks and goes!

Very nice. How many miles on the body? It looks really clean.

65,000 on the body now, Im not sure whats on the motor I never did fine that out if that motor has been in the car the whole time or not, either way its got low miles on it for being 13 yrs old

Trav, what's the story on the donor car? Wrecked back in the 1990s?

nope no donor car. Other then the 250 actual Cobra R's there were 5 extra Cobra R drive trains that were produced, one of those 5 found its way into this car. It was formerly owned by a Roush employee up in MI and thats were all the work was done onto it. The guy got an over seas job and sold the car to the guy I bought it from down in FL

20-22 MPG avg on the way back. I was kind of surprised. I wont do to much with it, prob change the rims exhaust and there is a very good chance a polished vortech will be found under the hood :D

Actually I didnt get on it all that much on the way back, I was trying to get the best MPG as I could. I ripped on it pretty good yesterday, that cage makes it so stiff it just hooks and goes!

65,000 on the body now, Im not sure whats on the motor I never did fine that out if that motor has been in the car the whole time or not, either way its got low miles on it for being 13 yrs old

nope no donor car. Other then the 250 actual Cobra R's there were 5 extra Cobra R drive trains that were produced, one of those 5 found its way into this car. It was formerly owned by a Roush employee up in MI and thats were all the work was done onto it. The guy got an over seas job and sold the car to the guy I bought it from down in FL

I read your original posting about the Roush employee.......you def. have a rare one........I found that article very interesting....

I'm glad to hear that. No R should go down in shame to give up its guts. Makes your car more appealing to me now. I was thinking it was a transplant from a dead R. Since it's a direct swap from the crate.....well, that's pretty frikkin' sweet.

I read your original posting about the Roush employee.......you def. have a rare one........I found that article very interesting....

You should see all the paper work I got from the guy that sold me the car. An entire priority Mail folder full of documents, meeting notes, e-mails back and forth all about the build and production of the prototype 95 Cobra R

WOW! How much did you pay for that?!? That thing is dead sexy!

$15,500 as it sits. It started out w/ a Vortech and Polk audio system and other things that are no longer in the car but when it had all of that it was $25,000

I'm glad to hear that. No R should go down in shame to give up its guts. Makes your car more appealing to me now. I was thinking it was a transplant from a dead R. Since it's a direct swap from the crate.....well, that's pretty frikkin' sweet.

yeah thats what I was glad to find out to I would never want to see an R go down either, from any yr. Other then the 250 White 95 Cobra R's they also produced 2 prototype Red R's. One of them was wrecked during testing and the other one has just dissipeared no one knows what happened to it or where it went. Talk about a 1 of 1 car thats worth a lot of $$$$

You should see all the paper work I got from the guy that sold me the car. An entire priority Mail folder full of documents, meeting notes, e-mails back and forth all about the build and production of the prototype 95 Cobra R
Sounds like you should scan it all in as image files and send them to me. We could cover some of the detail on the homepage, in addition to your car when you get her how you want her.

Sounds like you should scan it all in as image files and send them to me. We could cover some of the detail on the homepage, in addition to your car when you get her how you want her.

That would be sweet Tim. I'll look into getting that done, its a few hundred pages of documents, e-mails and briefing notes. Heres a few examples of whats in the stack of papers.

View attachment 385681

View attachment 385682

View attachment 385683

View attachment 385684

View attachment 385685

View attachment 385686

View attachment 385687

you should have bought the car with the Carputer setup.

i remember this car from a magazine article and the owner was over on mp3car.com

one rare good looking car you got there

Thanks.

I wanted that carputer as well but I dont think he had it anymore.If he did Im sure he would have asked if I wanted it.

hmm what kind of calipers are those?

3 piston SSBC