picture of the underside of a 65 mustang

bnichols04

Nov 28, 2005
I have a 65 mustang and it never had brake/fuel lines on it since i hade:bang: it and i need a picture of the under side of one to see how everything is routed. Thanks for the help!

• Sponsors (?)

I aint got no pics

My fuel line runs down the inside of the frame rail to the back of the car, I dont like it, it something breaks loose back there it could be trouble. I plan on running new fuel line down the outside top of the frame rail when I got my new motor in. That was if the driveshaft gets away from me it cant get on it.

I wish I could tell ya more

But mine is currently a six cyl and I dont know if they are the same. My fuel line runs from the tank to the drivers side of the car, over the rear end, then runs inside the frame rail all the way to the firewall. Then up the firewall right next to the master cyl, then to motor.

On a 65 (V8 only): The fuel line exits the fuel tank and goes to the driver's frame rail. There are 2 screw-on clips used here. It runs forward to the rear seat pan then curves over to the center of the car and into the driveshaft tunnel. It continues up the driveshaft tunnel on the driver's side--there are 2 clips used there. When it gets to the front of the tunnel, it turns to the out to meet the front frame rail. There is one clamp used here. It travels on the inside of the frame rail a short bit and then wraps around the frame just in front of the firewall. Once on the outside of the frame (where the tire is) it goes to the front of the car (one or 2 screw clamps) and then enters the engine compartment through a hole in the apron near where the manual fuel pump goes.

NOTE: A 6 banger has a similar routing to the front, but never crosses to the outside of the front frame like the V8 does.

The brake lines start at the bracket on the driver's side of the rear driveshaft tunnel. It meets the fuel line there and continues up the driveshaft tunnel parallel to the fuel line. It is retained by the same 2 clips as the fuel line. When it reaches the front, it also turns out to meet the frame rail (again parallel to the fuel line.) As it reaches the engine compartment it goes up the firewall, and over to the driver's side fender apron. From there it goes into the distribution block found under the master cylinder.