Picture whoring!

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys. I didnt work today and had nothing better to do so I messed with my car all day! Alot of you know I had alot of problems with the intake, putting it on, then having to take it apart again to a machine shop, etc. Finally put it all together yesterday in a few hours torqued down with a torque wrench and to the specs and correct sequence, did everything right. I seemed to have lost alittle low end torque, but I adjust the timing today, and it was at like 8*. Put it at 14* and it runs like a champ! I did a few little things like clean up the inside, i cleaned the MAF sensor. I also took my sway bar off again for the weight, and the bad end links were cauing more steering problems then without the sway bar so I ditched it again. And decided to take some pics while I was at it. Here they are, maybe ill get some videos tomorrow if my buddy is up for it, keep an eye out for them :) Wanted to go to the track tomorrow but gotta work, itll probably be a week or two before I go. Hoping to break 12's if not I guess ill be satisfied with deep 13's

1003342gh1.jpg

1003338ka9.jpg

1003347qx4.jpg

look at how clean the hood is :D
1003345nr1.jpg

Heres alittle interior pic, havent gotten one cleaned up with the new cd player and such.
1003352ev6.jpg

Attachments

• 1003342gh1.jpg
    1003342gh1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 60
  • 1003338ka9.jpg
    1003338ka9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 48
  • 1003347qx4.jpg
    1003347qx4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 51
  • 1003345nr1.jpg
    1003345nr1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 58
  • 1003352ev6.jpg
    1003352ev6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 41
  • Sponsors (?)

mob said:
Stock? lol my dads friend rebuilt them and covered them in vynal.

cool. i am looking at doing vinyl on my car except in grey. did you get the vinyl covers from 50 resto? those are the one si am looking at but i don't know how they will look.

i kinda figured your were stock i was just curious ont he covering

Curse said:
Looks good mob.:nice: I eager to see who will break 12s first you, FoxFan or me.:D

haha me too, if the intake dosent do it, itll probably be about a month till the heads go on. Just gotta save up alittle for gaskets and such

and wythors, when I was going to do my head swap I was going to use my stock valve covers, but my rockers dont clear it with the baffle in, so i took it out and i was told that with the baffle out oil will get up into the t/b. They say you put one of those fuel filters in there and it will catch all the oil, letting you use tock valve covers with no baffle. I decided I like how these valve covers look with the ridges on the intake, how they match, so ill just keep these, i already cut the hose though so i just leave it there, dosent do anything for me, but too lazy to change it out. Thanks guys.

88_GT_5_oh said:
cool. i am looking at doing vinyl on my car except in grey. did you get the vinyl covers from 50 resto? those are the one si am looking at but i don't know how they will look.

i kinda figured your were stock i was just curious ont he covering

No my dads friend does that for a living, he used his own fabric.

what happened was the bolts I bought for the upper were too long, so they werent touching the intake when they were bolted down, me being dumb not realised the upper wont seal if its not being pushed down. So I had a VERY bad leak, backfiring, poping, no revving up top, bogging at all rpms, surging, etc. So i went to take off the upper bolts to change them, and one snapped, while still threaded in the lower, and it was like half way in the lower, no way to get it out, had to take it all off and take the lower to a shop to get out the bolt and retap it. Thanks to RsStang came over to help me the first time, I was able to do it all myself the second time, i was pretty proud of myself, the lower to head gaskets were a BITCH never want to do that again. Heres a pic of it all ripped apart.

10033062oe6.jpg

Attachments

• 10033062oe6.jpg
    10033062oe6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 56
Did you use the cork gaskets in the front/back of the lower intake where it seals with the block? Those are terrible. I just put my intake back on last night, too. I didn't even try to use those junk cork gaskets. Just built up a good bead of silicone gasket-maker. Hope it seals...

50FoxBodyGT said:
Did you use the cork gaskets in the front/back of the lower intake where it seals with the block? Those are terrible. I just put my intake back on last night, too. I didn't even try to use those junk cork gaskets. Just built up a good bead of silicone gasket-maker. Hope it seals...

some people will use both. felpro makes a rubber peice to replace the cork with, but i dont even use that. always silicon and never had any problems

mob said:
haha me too, if the intake dosent do it, itll probably be about a month till the heads go on. Just gotta save up alittle for gaskets and such

and wythors, when I was going to do my head swap I was going to use my stock valve covers, but my rockers dont clear it with the baffle in, so i took it out and i was told that with the baffle out oil will get up into the t/b. They say you put one of those fuel filters in there and it will catch all the oil, letting you use tock valve covers with no baffle. I decided I like how these valve covers look with the ridges on the intake, how they match, so ill just keep these, i already cut the hose though so i just leave it there, dosent do anything for me, but too lazy to change it out. Thanks guys.

I just bought a complete gasket kit off Summit for $79.88, has everything from Intake to oil pan.....even rear main seal!
Part # FMS-M-6003-A50

So mob, I'm not trying to derail into a touchy subject... but,

When are you gonna go find another chic and post pictures of her? I'm getting lonely here.

Maybe a blonde or a redhead this time that likes to be photographed please. And try to make sure she's hawt and 18 so that I don't harbor so much guilt.

Strype
President
Stangnet Hawt Chic Picture Committee

Strype said:
So mob, I'm not trying to derail into a touchy subject... but,When are you gonna go find another chic and post pictures of her? I'm getting lonely here.

Maybe a blonde or a redhead this time that likes to be photographed please. And try to make sure she's hawt and 18 so that I don't harbor so much guilt.

Strype
President
Stangnet Hawt Chic Picture Committee

HAHA not sure man but when I do find the one ill be sure to get you some pics.

And about the gasket kit for 80 bucks thats DAMN GOOD, I got the intake gasket kit at discount auto for 27 bucks, but the mustang one is 50. Im not sure what cork is, but the ones they gave me kinda seemed like thin metal, I used RTV on both sides of the gaskets as well, around the coolant passages.

And about the intake not getting me into the 12's we'll see. Before with the stock intake I was capable of low 13's. I ran a 13.6@101 with a 2.1 60'. When before all i could run was a 13.5@99 with 1.8 60'. That night i got the 101mph the slicks tire pressure was at 21psi. later that night i put it down to 13 but couldnt hit 4th gear the rest of the night, but was getting 1.8 60's, i know if i had a perfect run I would have hit very low 13's. The intake should put me at about 102 or 103 mph, maybe even help my 60', so we'll see, with a light car 103mph should be all i need to break 12's.