Pink injectors?

Nuar said:
Thank you!
I just got a new 04 gt engine to put into my car, and they are pink...
If they were bigger i would have to get a tune right away, so that piece of information made me sick to my stomach, because i spent ENOUGH on the engine, dont want to spend more on a stock tune...
I hate it when ppl open their mouth when they're not sure of the bull they're about to let out... :nonono:

Even if they are 21lbs your car would probably still run fine on the stock tune. I know in closed loop it would compensate enough for it, in open loop you may run slightly richer, maybe 12:1 instead of 13:1 since 21's are 10% bigger. You'd still want to get a tune at some point to make the most of the power though.

• Sponsors (?)

jstreet0204 said:
Even if they are 21lbs your car would probably still run fine on the stock tune. I know in closed loop it would compensate enough for it, in open loop you may run slightly richer, maybe 12:1 instead of 13:1 since 21's are 10% bigger. You'd still want to get a tune at some point to make the most of the power though.

What is closed loop and open loop?

crew_dawg16 said:
What is closed loop and open loop?

closed loop is when the EEC depends on the o2 sensors and the MAF to obtain a desired air/fuel ratio, and will constantly make adjustments to get to it. "open loop" is when the EEC relies only on predefined variables to get the desired air/fuel ratio. under WOT you are in open loop.

jstreet0204 said:
closed loop is when the EEC depends on the o2 sensors and the MAF to obtain a desired air/fuel ratio, and will constantly make adjustments to get to it. "open loop" is when the EEC relies only on predefined variables to get the desired air/fuel ratio. under WOT you are in open loop.

So being that I have an O/R X pipe and the predator says that I am running in closed loop, does it get it's info from the front o2s? Just wondering since the rear o2s are turned off.

crew_dawg16 said:

So being that I have an O/R X pipe and the predator says that I am running in closed loop, does it get it's info from the front o2s? Just wondering since the rear o2s are turned off.

Correct, Rear o2's only provide a status check on the cats. The front o2's are used during closed loop. :nice:

Just some guy that wasn't harsh, you were just a dick.

So did one of these oh so wise people test an injector? Why would Ford just go against the grain and make the color mean nothing? Can one of your smart people explain that?

I have a 2000 GT and my motor crapped out, so i got a "stock replacement" which is an 2004 complete motor, EXCEPT for the computer...
Great looks like i might need a tune very soon :(

Nuar said:
I have a 2000 GT and my motor crapped out, so i got a "stock replacement" which is an 2004 complete motor, EXCEPT for the computer...
Great looks like i might need a tune very soon :(

Sorry to bring this up from the past, but Nuar how is the motor? I've just replaced mine, and was doing a search about these pink top injectors, and came across this thread. Did you get the tune, or just replace the computer?

Maybe Ford decided to help us Mustangers out since many of us take our GT's past the 300HP limit of 19's with a few bolt ons.

21's are definitely enough injector for most bolt on stangs.