Please help if possible

95BlueStallion

My assy trans to myself
15 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Can anyone take a look and see if its the red or green vacuum line that hooks up to our egr? I dont know if I have them mixed up or what? I have manifold to fuel regulator, red to EGR i think is what I have right now, and the other to the manifold on the same tree as the fuel regulator... What am I doing wrong, aparently I didnt pay enough attention when I took them off... My car doesnt idle well after the installation of a trickflow intake, and I know my timing is within spec. Im thinking its something with the vacuum lines, but they all seem to be as they were with the stock manifold...

• Sponsors (?)

Red splits to green just before the EVR. The line from the EVR to the EGR valve is green too. To be explicit, get the green line on your EGR. It's controlled via the EVR (you will NOT feel vac in the line at idle).

Right now you have your EGR opening at idle, which as you have seen, causes horrid idling and stalling.

Conversely, the FPR gets manifold vac (which is very strong while idling). IIRC my FPR line is just a little jumper (not more than a couple inches long. Since I replaced the line, I cannot tell you the color).

Good luck.