please help me....

stangrulez

Sep 27, 2011
so i took my stang to get it aligned and i was told the right side was aligned perfectly at i believe 1.3 but the left side might need a caster camber or something like that. any ways i was wondering if anyone knew what that was and what it did and is it necessary for me to buy it right now or can it wait???? any help would be greatly appreciated. suspension is stock

• Sponsors (?)

Is your suspension stock or what has been done to it? Sounds like you need aftermarket CC plates that can have a bigger range than the stock plates have. And if your car is not properly aligned then you will be buying tires ALOT quicker than you want so yes I would say it needs to be taken care of pdq.

Is your suspension stock or what has been done to it? Sounds like you need aftermarket CC plates that can have a bigger range than the stock plates have. And if your car is not properly aligned then you will be buying tires ALOT quicker than you want so yes I would say it needs to be taken care of pdq.

Yea, sounds like his car is lowered quite a bit, and or has frame damage.

well the mechanic told me the suspension was great and he assured me the wheels would not waste. Having said that the previous owner had some 18 inch chrome rims added( i dont know who ads chrome rims to a mustang) so my tires do rub when i turn the wheel way to much is that a problem as well??? its a 96 vert gt if that helps. suspension is stock

well the mechanic told me the suspension was great and he assured me the wheels would not waste. Having said that the previous owner had some 18 inch chrome rims added( i dont know who ads chrome rims to a mustang) so my tires do rub when i turn the wheel way to much is that a problem as well??? its a 96 vert gt if that helps. suspension is stock

If the suspension was 'great' then the mechainic would have no problems aligning it UNLESS the frame is bent or the strut tower is. The wheels and tires might be an issue with rubbing a brake line or something like that.

If the suspension is stock but the wheels are 18", maybe the wheel/tire profile is too large and rubbing the wheel well. They should be able to drill out the rivets and readjust the stock plates for caster... I assume that's the problem with over sized wheels. If the wheels are bigger the side profile of the tire should be smaller...