PLEASE HELP!! SHIFTER INSTALL

• Sponsors (?)

How much do you want for the used shifter? And why do you have an extra one if your putting one on? Anyways.. take that black ring off you were talking about
There's four screws, i think 8mm that hold's that rubber boot down. Take that off and theres the shifter bolts. Just 4 bolts.. Think they are 10mm from factory. Take it off, put some silicone on the new one and reinstall

i just got a pro 5.0 shifter i want 60 for the billet plus and i know the actual shifter comes off but how do i get to the top 2 bolts?? there is a piece of plastic in the way and i cant figure out how to take the center console off to get to the 2 that are kind of close to the radio

You don't need to take it off, just cut it out. The shift boot besel will hide it. Just cut a little 1/2" by 1/2" section out of the console over the top two screws so you can get a little socket on them, and make sure you don't cut to far or you'll see it. Makes getting it all back together a snap too.

stangbear is right, but you can also get them out with a ratcheting 8MM box end wrench (i hate to cut up any part of an interior. makes me nervous).

True, you don't need to, but I garantee you that none of your non-cut methods are as easy as this:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00948.JPG
    DSC00948.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 107