PMS Users - How hard is it to program out the EGR?

GRGT1994

Sep 22, 2004
Well, that's really all there is to my question. My mods are in the sig, and I'm thinking of adding a PMS for tune soon. So I'm wondering how hard it would be to program out the EGR.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean by "no EGR functions" ? Do you mean it cannot make adjustments to compensate for EGR deletion? Or do you mean it simply assumes it is not there to begin with.

I'm a tuning newb.

You can't shut the egr off in the PMS. If you delete the egr my guess is you 'may' not be able to run as much part throttle timing which 'may' hurt gas mileage a little.

No reason to delete the egr anyway unless you don't like the way it looks.

Grn92LX said:
You can't shut the egr off in the PMS. If you delete the egr my guess is you 'may' not be able to run as much part throttle timing which 'may' hurt gas mileage a little.

No reason to delete the egr anyway unless you don't like the way it looks.
Well, my reason for deleting it is that I have BBK LT headers, Trickflow intake and valve covers, with an intake spacer. All that adds up to a misalignment of the header bung and EGR to the point where I cannot use the stock EGR connection. So the easiest solution (I thought) would be to delete the thing. But if I can get a custom connection made, then ya I would keep it.

Any ideas how to get one of those made?

GRGT1994 said:
Well, my reason for deleting it is that I have BBK LT headers, Trickflow intake and valve covers, with an intake spacer. All that adds up to a misalignment of the header bung and EGR to the point where I cannot use the stock EGR connection. So the easiest solution (I thought) would be to delete the thing. But if I can get a custom connection made, then ya I would keep it.

Any ideas how to get one of those made?

Heads up for you :)

There is/was a thread going on in the last day or two in the talk or tech forum about your egr pipe concerns.

Grady

Ya, I have been following that discussion. I think there were 2 related threads. I can't remember if there were suggestions there on getting a custom pipe made. But maybe that should be my next thread . . .