Pony's Versus Saleens...

• Sponsors (?)

I love BBS wheels but for the money you're going to spend on them I think there are better wheels out there. I'm kind of jaded on replica wheels. They are HEAVY. I felt an immediate difference in braking and acceleration and not for the better.

This is true. The wheels I put on my car look killer imho, but holy cow. I about slip a disc pulling them off or putting them on. I think I'll eventually wind up with some forged lightweight something.

Reactions: 1 users
Have you considered collecting 5 lug parts first, then finding wheels?
You could do it the cheap way first (rotors, ranger axles and drums) then later you can 94+ brakes later.
This way you don't have to buy wheels twice.

I just can't see investing a dime in 4 lug anything.
Wheel and brake choices are almost non existent.
And anything with exposed lugs just doesn't look right with 5 spokes and 4 lugs.

Have you considered collecting 5 lug parts first, then finding wheels?
You could do it the cheap way first (rotors, ranger axles and drums) then later you can 94+ brakes later.
This way you don't have to buy wheels twice.

I just can't see investing a dime in 4 lug anything.
Wheel and brake choices are almost non existent.
And anything with exposed lugs just doesn't look right with 5 spokes and 4 lugs.

The fly in the ointment with that plan is, the five lug swap rotors have the long dust cover that prevents you from using the center caps on SN 95 wheels. You might get the wheel on if you're lucky, but the dust cover pokes out of the hole past the plane of the center cap face, making your efforts look like an afterthought.

The fly in the ointment with that plan is, the five lug swap rotors have the long dust cover that prevents you from using the center caps on SN 95 wheels. You might get the wheel on if you're lucky, but the dust cover pokes out of the hole past the plane of the center cap face, making your efforts look like an afterthought.

I know it happens with some wheels.
But it worked for me with 3 different sets of wheels for years, including the set I have now.
When I was ready I switched to rear discs, 95 spindles and bullet pbrs.

I know it happens with some wheels.
But it worked for me with 3 different sets of wheels for years, including the set I have now.
When I was ready I switched to rear discs, 95 spindles and bullet pbrs.

Right. Some aftermarket wheels designed to fit either will work, but I've seen numerous people complain here about being so limited with selection after spending the money. Back when bullet wheels were so popular i knew a guy it happened to with those. In fact, i was looking at buying his car, but the dustcap sticking thru the front wheel was one of the strikes that kept me from buying it.

So the guy ended up making a good deal so I got the pony's and they look great on the car. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I do have a problem however... The front left tire is rubbing into my bumper on turns and it cutting into the tire on the edges. What have any of ya'll done to fix this? I'm thinking about cutting out the pieces its rubbing on but wanted to get some ideas before I do it.

So the guy ended up making a good deal so I got the pony's and they look great on the car. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I do have a problem however... The front left tire is rubbing into my bumper on turns and it cutting into the tire on the edges. What have any of ya'll done to fix this? I'm thinking about cutting out the pieces its rubbing on but wanted to get some ideas before I do it.

I'd like to see that! I want to see the front/rear centercaps. Are the bars behind the logo different from front to back?

If they are my old wheels, i drove those from NC all the way to Texas, and then fedexed them back to NC five years later.

I don't recall them being different. But I asked him who he bought them from and he said the guys name was Mike.

Maybe they've changed hands a few times. They guy I sold them back to is a police officer in Winston-Salem named Tony. He frequents corral and goes by fiveohpoepoe i believe.

Reactions: 1 user
This guy was a cop so maybe he forgot your name? Did you see what kind of mustang he had? A reef vert with white interior?

No, Tony told me he sold them, so it makes sense it was a cop that bought them. Tony has a calypso lx. He's had five or six of them, I bought one, lol.

It's kinda cool knowing the story behind these wheels!

It's kinda cool seeing them pop up again after owning them.... Lol.

I had them on my car when i turbo'd it before i went five lug and it was a blast with the bfgs that were on them. I could fry them at fifty mph... Hahaha! The stickies i have now, not so much.

image1 (4).JPG