Popping Noise While Backing To Right...and Straight Line Backing

when backing up and turning right my front drivers side pops. it also does this when straight line backing and applying the brakes. it seems to do it only when the car has set for a while (hour or more). after i take off and drive for a while it will still pop when backing and turning but not when straight line backing. i thought i had seen a thread or two on this subject before, but can't find one now.
i have cked my wheel bearings, brakes, ball joints, tie rods, shocks, rack and pinion and can't seem to find anything. i have to be missing something here because it still pops. if anyone else has had this issue before and can shed some light on what the solution was i would appreciate it greatly.

• Sponsors (?)

Traction lock is the limited slip/posi unit in your rear end. Excessively worn clutch disks in this unit can make a nice loud THUNK in the floor-board that sounds amazingly like a pop coming from the front end.

dt1505.jpg

Lots of places have the rebuild kits (if this ends up being your problem) LRS, AM, CJPP... etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, so it looks like i have the issue resolved. I checked the sway bar bushings and they looked worn out. So i replaced them. also while i was down there i checked the control arm bolts and one of them i was able to turn about a quarter of a turn tighter. the popping noise is gone. the steering is so much better with the new bushings...i had no idea.