Post them pics!!!!!!

I like the Mach 1 wheels. That is what I am putting on mine but I thought I might paint the whole centers black...

Yup, I had those on my HS Mustang, a '68 hardtop. Got 'em cheap from Mustangs Plus, they had them laying around in late '02. I loved 'em then, but kind of prefer the deep dish wheels now. Funny how we all change...

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_3226b.jpg

View attachment 253934
IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3269.JPG

107-0762_IMG.JPG

New to the board, thought I'd post a pic of my old friend. I've owned this one since '77.

carphotosforinsurance002.jpg

Thats sweet. I'm glad to see you have held on to it all these years. I have had mine since 94. I have never scene a paint scheme like yours before. What color is it? Also, Are your bumpers and other trim painted black or powder coated etc?

Thats sweet. I'm glad to see you have held on to it all these years. I have had mine since 94. I have never scene a paint scheme like yours before. What color is it? Also, Are your bumpers and other trim painted black or powder coated etc?
Color is from a "gulp" honda circa 1992 when I painted it. The trim is painted with Sikkens single stage urethane enamel over their self-etching epoxy primer. It's held up very well over the years, no chipping or peeling anywhere, even the door handles!

Thats a beautiful Mustang. I like the color. The only thing I would change is the luggage rack. But thats just me. :nice:

I hear that a lot actually about the luggage rack. The rack was on there when we bought it, and it's already got the holes drilled. I happen to like the looks of it, but I'm a little miffed they drilled good original sheetmetal to put it in.

Anyhow, thanks for the kind words :)

Thats cool. I remember when mine was still in primer. Theres something about it that makes driving a classic Mustang thats primered fun. Also, You don't have to worry near as much about rock chips and scratches. What color do you have planned for it?

blue or silver or something in between. i really want BRG (in metallic) but the wife says no. i'm crazy for green cars.

Here are some updated shots of the 66. I got rid of the V8 springs up front and put some cut 6banger springs back in. Shes runnin on white walls up front after someone in the neighborhood decided to cut two tires the night before a big local meet.

Put a copper head gasket in to see if it would hold boost...and it did quite well but it kept pressurizing the coolant system and puttin coolant in the oil. Out it came and a stock FelPro took its place. No more 20psi, but 10-13psi and reliable is good enough for now i guess. Shes slow but still fun.

Shes still needin tons of work, but she aint goin anywhere!!! Ill hopefully have a disc brake rear end put together soon then I can start huntin ideas for wheels!!!

3373483805_12f393e85e.jpg

3373483763_71813870ac.jpg

3373483795_3325e78f81.jpg

Matt

That is awesome. It looks fantastic. I love it. How long did the restoration take? Do you have any before pictures? Whats its drivetrain?

I got the car in 1970 and turned it into a race car in 1971. It was just a shell no engine or trans and I bought it from Hubert Platt when he was with the Ford Drag Team. It is a 428 Cobra Jet and now has a C-4. Back in 1974 I set the NHRA SS/GA record at 11.26. I stopped racing it at the end of 1974 and in 1992 starting putting it together as a Stocker and painted it white. In 2004 I decided to paint it close to the way it was raced in the 70's. The quickest it has gone is 10.75.

69MustangRacecars005.jpg