Post your 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile E.T.'s and mph with your 99+ 4r70w...

• Sponsors (?)

Its amazing how much better a 4r70w goes with 4.10s, a shift kit, and a chip. Without that stuff my car had nowhere near the balls it has now. I was grinning from ear to ear after the 4.10 install!

Never been to the track:(

Sam Man what was your 60'? Is that time w/ K&N, 3.73, and pred tune only?

That was actually with an SCT tuner not the Predator. My 60' on that run was a 2.0.

I could probably do a lot better with the Predator.

My 60' on the sprayed run was a 1.96.

I expect to cut a 1.8 next time out and hopefully run a ~7.8 with my Pred and exhaust mods and proper bottle pressure.

All this talk about auto's. Seriously, two even mustangs, one auto, fully done up nicely, vs a manual. I dont care, I seriously could'nt care less if the auto won, it's still an auto, and with all that work done to make it run that way, exactly how streetable is it? Manual all the way, I like having torque/highrpm when pulling through corners, throttle steer baby, tha throttle blip, and just, being mena with a clutch. If you cant tell I dont like auto's, fast as you can make them, and, no worry I respect the concept of using one, I love manual, for far too many reasons to list.

:SNSign:

QuickCapri83 said:
All this talk about auto's. Seriously, two even mustangs, one auto, fully done up nicely, vs a manual. I dont care, I seriously could'nt care less if the auto won, it's still an auto, and with all that work done to make it run that way, exactly how streetable is it? Manual all the way, I like having torque/highrpm when pulling through corners, throttle steer baby, tha throttle blip, and just, being mena with a clutch. If you cant tell I dont like auto's, fast as you can make them, and, no worry I respect the concept of using one, I love manual, for far too many reasons to list.

:SNSign:

I have a high stall (3200) and just a trasgo shift kit and tranny cooler....never have to worry about a syncro or forks going bad and is better on the street than stock......with just DR's I run 5 speeds with full welds and them launching close to 6 grand and lay the same 60fts! Everbody has a misconception that an auto can't put the power to the ground! Maybe if it is a stock auto but with a few upgrades they are way more consistant and last longer.......but don't get me wrong.....5 speeds are fun to drive! :)

"ED"

Yellow2002GT said:
I have a high stall (3200) and just a trasgo shift kit and tranny cooler....never have to worry about a syncro or forks going bad and is better on the street than stock......with just DR's I run 5 speeds with full welds and them launching close to 6 grand and lay the same 60fts! Everbody has a misconception that an auto can't put the power to the ground! Maybe if it is a stock auto but with a few upgrades they are way more consistant and last longer.......but don't get me wrong.....5 speeds are fun to drive! :)

"ED"
AGREED! Manuals vs auto's live's on...I'm happy with my car as it sits, but heads, cams, headers are on the way...soon.

billfisher said:
try bracket racing with a manual. i haven't seen too many manuals win bracket racing.
i am a very consistant with a 5 speed. Last year bracket racing i went 13.02 13.04 13.03 and a 13.02 again. Same thing happened when i was tring to go 13.99. I went 14.02, 14.01. 14.000. 13.97. I doubt an auto can be that on

Ruckus46Gt said:
i am a very consistant with a 5 speed. Last year bracket racing i went 13.02 13.04 13.03 and a 13.02 again. Same thing happened when i was tring to go 13.99. I went 14.02, 14.01. 14.000. 13.97. I doubt an auto can be that on
I disagree as auto's are known to be more dead on! Why wouldn't it be since u dont have to worry about shifting manually, just mash and go or stall it at the same rpm everytime and it will run very consistent.:shrug:

i'll dig up some stuff tomorrow. The other day at the track i went [email protected] backed up by [email protected]. I have the timeslip of that right now the rest i gotta dig up the videos and slips if i still have them

here you go slips and videos of those
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/DDD8679F-F734-407E-9018-3C9CDB85EFFE.htm
and
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B9EB42FC-BAC2-41B2-AA05-5F17881BBC22.htm

Timeslips
timeslip9zd.jpg

2nd slip the light took a while to start and had to bring the idle back up note the bad r/t. Past 2 brackets i walked out with free run in the 2nd round for best r/t's

Attachments

• timeslip9zd.jpg
    timeslip9zd.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 95
Ruckus46Gt said:
i'll dig up some stuff tomorrow. The other day at the track i went [email protected] backed up by [email protected]. I have the timeslip of that right now the rest i gotta dig up the videos and slips if i still have them

here you go slips and videos of those
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/DDD8679F-F734-407E-9018-3C9CDB85EFFE.htm
and
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B9EB42FC-BAC2-41B2-AA05-5F17881BBC22.htm

Timeslips
timeslip9zd.jpg

2nd slip the light took a while to start and had to bring the idle back up note the bad r/t. Past 2 brackets i walked out with free run in the 2nd round for best r/t's

don't be mad. your car is fast as hell. but this post identifies my point. 12.549 and 12.525 is not going to be consistent enough to beat an auto. i'm also not attacking your skill or reaction times.

Attachments

• timeslip9zd.jpg
    timeslip9zd.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 68
billfisher said:
don't be mad. your car is fast as hell. but this post identifies my point. 12.549 and 12.525 is not going to be consistent enough to beat an auto. i'm also not attacking your skill or reaction times.
not mad. That day actually wasnt on. First time to the track in 11 months with a broken tooth in the tranny. I cant find my ffw video just found the dvd i made. Not sure how to get clips off the dvd. I've had many people tell me how consistant i was. I should have went true street last year would have won the 13 sec class but i didnt know how true street worked. I'm still new to the drag racing game. Only been to the track 7 times.