Potential Mustang GT Purchase

Update to the Stang search.

Mach 1 was a bust. Work was done to the vehicle. Similar to one of the other Stangs I saw, traction control had been disabled. Plus the driver side door panel was jacked up. Overall the car ripped, but the lack of ability for the mechanics to fix the issue with the traction turned me off. I guess the previous owner had it tuned or something. I'm not sure how disabling traction control permanently works on these rides, but there was no turning it on.

On a good note, a Ford dealer just had two SN95s traded. One of which is a 99 vert with 35,000 miles on it for only 9,500. WINNING! So, I'm going back in the a.m. to check it out. Hopefully I don't leave empty handed this time.

• Sponsors (?)

Well to be honest if I was getting an 99-04 tuned I'd get it the TC turned off as well. It is very annoying and down right dangerous in certain circumstances.

I've done some research since that post, and I also found that many others turned it off. Overall, the Mach 1 was quick as balls, but I wasn't aesthetically pleased with how it was taken care of. For such a speed demon, the previous owner didn't put much care into the upkeep of the vehicle. It makes me wonder what else he cut corners with on the vehicle as well. For an owner to let both bumpers get sun beat and not care, that leaves me to truly question other things with the vehicle. Sounded great and drove well, but who's to say 10 thousand miles from now something wouldn't go wrong.

I've done some research since that post, and I also found that many others turned it off. Overall, the Mach 1 was quick as balls, but I wasn't aesthetically pleased with how it was taken care of. For such a speed demon, the previous owner didn't put much care into the upkeep of the vehicle. It makes me wonder what else he cut corners with on the vehicle as well. For an owner to let both bumpers get sun beat and not care, that leaves me to truly question other things with the vehicle. Sounded great and drove well, but who's to say 10 thousand miles from now something wouldn't go wrong.

Now that is quite true. I just wouldn't pass on a clean car because the TC is turned off.

Another update. Went back to the Ford dealer today. The 99 vert was nice, except...it was an automatic. I know they are a solid trans, but I'm strictly looking for manual 5 spd. So, I let that one go.

I looked at the other Stang, which I thought was a new mustang they didn't have before. It was actually the one that a previous sales person didn't want to work with me on. I'm referring to the white 03 GT that I mentioned in my first post. The new associate worked numbers with me. While the monthly payment was fair, it was off from what I was expecting and striving toward. I'm hoping they call me back willing to give me a bit more for my trade, then we can come to terms.