Pretty Sure I Know The Answer, Just Need Confirmatin *a/c Related*

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38176

Symptoms:

1. Compressor kicks in and out about every 5-10 seconds
2. Air is not ice-cold. It is cool, but not ice-cold.
3. Continuous whining sound. Sounds almost identical to the whine created when power steering fluid gets low

I am 99% sure that my compressor is on it's way out. Correct?

• Sponsors (?)

it could be a few things. when was the last time it was charged? if it was recent it could be over charged. could also be an orfice tube getting clogged. either way i would have it checked out.

+1 on above.

IF the compressor is on it's way out, consider having it replaced BEFORE it goes. Why? Because anytime a compressor fails in service the oil will be have to be flushed out or the new compressor may have a very short service life.

However, the noise could be a bad clutch and the short cycling could just be low on Freon. Take the time to find out what's really wrong and then act!

Mine was doing the same exact thing. I went to the auto store and tried that freon recharge stuff with the anti leak sealant and my cars a/c has been ice cold now for about a week. since I did it. I was really happy that I was able to get my a/c to work again for 33 bucks.

Mine was doing the same exact thing. I went to the auto store and tried that freon recharge stuff with the anti leak sealant and my cars a/c has been ice cold now for about a week. since I did it. I was really happy that I was able to get my a/c to work again for 33 bucks.

Just be careful you didn't mask the problems. A/C is one of those things you can usually patch but will cost alot more if its not as simple as freon. Ask yourself, why is the freon low to begin with? When I had AC issues it was a oriface valve and the clutch and that was at 80ish thousand miles.

Both of ya'll being in TX though need to get that fixed fast, summer months will be brutal otherwise!

When I had AC issues it was a oriface valve and the clutch and that was at 80ish thousand miles.

That's the exact mileage I'm at. I guess I need to have it looked at.

Both of ya'll being in TX though need to get that fixed fast, summer months will be brutal otherwise!

LOL I thought about adding that into my original post

"2. Air is not ice cold. It is cool, but not ice-cold....and here in TX, it NEEDS to be ice-cold!"

Since there are several AC threads already, just gonna add a question to this one. Background 03 GT, last Sept it started blowing uncooled air. Added a can of freon, still blew warm. A day later on the way to work, it blows its freon charge out of.somewhere. All the vapor was coming from.right front of hood and some got blown in with me. Knew it was freon. Heat here in Vegas broke the next day, so I put a short belt on it it and ignored till a few weeks ago. Put the belt back and checked the pressure. Still had a bit of charge so I added a can of dye and sealant in. Added a can of freon a week later and it has blown ice cold for 2 weeks. Works great. Have never found any sign of wear the freon came from. It had dye in it before. I wanted to leak to know what to replace. Any idea what happened? What to look at? Sorry for the novel. I live in Vegas. Gets a little warm here too.

Just be careful you didn't mask the problems. A/C is one of those things you can usually patch but will cost alot more if its not as simple as freon. Ask yourself, why is the freon low to begin with? When I had AC issues it was a oriface valve and the clutch and that was at 80ish thousand miles.

I think the freon had just been used up over the cars life and it just needed a recharge. It still blows really cold since I have added the recharge stuff from O'reilly's and Im really happy to have my A/C working in the summer down here..