Preventitive maintenance...

• Sponsors (?)

Oil change (every 5,000 miles, unless synthetic: 8k to 10k miles)
Check the brakes, if low, replace pads
Make sure rotors are smooth
Check/replace spark plugs
Change rear differential fluid
Change tranny fluid (every 40,000 for manual)
Flush radiator
Change air filter (every 10,000 miles)
Service the battery (every 6 months)
Check and replace any damaged/aged hoses
Check ALL fluids: brake, power steering, wiper, tranny, differential, oil, coolant, etc.

Just stuff like that :)

Killy -- what are YOU going to do when your Kewbra hits 100,000 miles?

wow you change normal oil at 5K... synth is supposed to be 5K

I change mine just after 3K and I notice a huge difference in the way the car runs. I woudnt want to go 5K on it.
3,000 miles is now a marketing scheme. I change mine every few weeks because A) my odometer doesn't work and B) my car has nearly 225,000 miles on it, if not more.

Today's oils are so much better than they used to be.

P.S. I've heard some people that run synthetic go upwards of 10,000 miles between changes. :shrug:

Oil change (every 5,000 miles, unless synthetic: 8k to 10k miles)
Check the brakes, if low, replace pads
Make sure rotors are smooth
Check/replace spark plugs
Change rear differential fluid
Change tranny fluid (every 40,000 for manual)
Flush radiator
Change air filter (every 10,000 miles)
Service the battery (every 6 months)
Check and replace any damaged/aged hoses
Check ALL fluids: brake, power steering, wiper, tranny, differential, oil, coolant, etc.

Just stuff like that :)

Killy -- what are YOU going to do when your Kewbra hits 100,000 miles?
I am going to be driving a 2008 GT500KR convertible by then...

Anyways, your list looks excellent. The Haynes manual and the owner's manual both have great maint scedules also that can be referred to.

At 100k the car is going to need the suspension adressed in a serious way as well.

It will need:
-new shocks and struts
-rubber bushings replaced with poly (everywhere)
-steering rack bushings replaced
-tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings inspected

I am going to be driving a 2008 GT500KR convertible by then...

Anyways, your list looks excellent. The Haynes manual and the owner's manual both have great maint scedules also that can be referred to.

At 100k the car is going to need the suspension adressed in a serious way as well.

It will need:
-new shocks and struts
-rubber bushings replaced with poly (everywhere)
-steering rack bushings replaced
-tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings inspected

I'm at approx 98,500 and I had my car in the air at 97,000 and I have no play in anything! All rubber/boots are in good shape, under the car is rust free, and the suspension feels great. Mileage doesnt necessarily mean suspension parts need replaced, this stuff gets replaced when it goes bad.

3,000 miles is now a marketing scheme. I change mine every few weeks because A) my odometer doesn't work and B) my car has nearly 225,000 miles on it, if not more.

Today's oils are so much better than they used to be.

P.S. I've heard some people that run synthetic go upwards of 10,000 miles between changes. :shrug:

I know its somewhat of a marketing scheme.. but if I notice a huge difference in teh way the engine performs then I'm gonna keep doing it the same. The engine appears to rev quicker and smoother. Plus when I change it at 3K it comes out almost black. Gives me peace of mind.