Price Drops

BlueShadowDemon

Sep 6, 2003
What kinda price drops do you guys expect the current s to go down to with the new ones getting ready to arrive? I've been looking at the 99+ s and I am wondering how much you think the prices will drop?

• Sponsors (?)

BlueShadowDemon said:
What kinda price drops do you guys expect the current s to go down to with the new ones getting ready to arrive? I've been looking at the 99+ s and I am wondering how much you think the prices will drop?

Well they are already pretty low as it is. You can pick up a low mileage '00 for around 14,000 no problem. Mustangs have a hard time holding their value. Hell Bullitts are going for 16,000 on eBay. Once the new model is out and gains some popularity that price will likely come down a couple grand. Another thing to think about is the possibility that the Fox body cars will start going up in value again. We are now 3 body styles away from that car and finding one that hasn't been ghetto'd up is becoming very difficult.

Sir Hacksalot said:
There was a Mach I for sale for $23.9K

Hax

what year? I was out looking at mustangs last night ... they were all 2004s and the mach1s they had for sell were still in the 30s... the sales dude said "yeah, these are all our new 2004 models" I said, " I can tell, because this mach1 is still 30k. i'll be back in 6 months to buy when you guys can't get them off the lot because of the 2005 models." and left...

peyotesands said:
what year? I was out looking at mustangs last night ... they were all 2004s and the mach1s they had for sell were still in the 30s... the sales dude said "yeah, these are all our new 2004 models" I said, " I can tell, because this mach1 is still 30k. i'll be back in 6 months to buy when you guys can't get them off the lot because of the 2005 models." and left...

You should be able to find an 03 Mach for around 24k. You can ask your dealer to find you an 03 and have it brought to Vegas. I actually prefer the 03 to the 04 due to some very minor cosmetic differences, and the price on the 03 can't be beat! I decided on the Mach because it is unique in the Mustang family and don't want to be paying premium prices for the 2005 Mustang. The hype will drive prices way up, for at least the first year...in my opinion. The Mach is also faster.