price for spring change?

1987Rock

May 2, 2007
Hey guys, its been a while since I've been here since I sold my stang. Got a buddy that wants to replace his 2" drop springs with stockers. I remember when I changed mine it wasnt hard, but cant remember how long it took.

Ya think $75-100 is a fair price for swapping them out? Also, cant remember, is there a hole in the lower control arm for a spring compressor? Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, its been a while since I've been here since I sold my stang. Got a buddy that wants to replace his 2" drop springs with stockers. I remember when I changed mine it wasnt hard, but cant remember how long it took.

Ya think $75-100 is a fair price for swapping them out? Also, cant remember, is there a hole in the lower control arm for a spring compressor? Thanks guys!

Yea, I'd say thats a fair price, although it's a super easy job to do. It takes me about 2 hours to do all 4 springs taking my time. As for spring compressors, you'll need external compressors because there is no hole in the control arm. Good luck!

PS - How's the ole girl doing? Still see it driving around? Snap some pics if you see it please!!

Yea, I'd say thats a fair price, although it's a super easy job to do. It takes me about 2 hours to do all 4 springs taking my time. As for spring compressors, you'll need external compressors because there is no hole in the control arm. Good luck!

PS - How's the ole girl doing? Still see it driving around? Snap some pics if you see it please!!

Good deal. Yeah, I didn't think it took too long, but it's been forever since I've worked on a mustang period lol. I'll just go get the external compressors from advance then, I only have an internal.

Last time I saw her she looked good. The dude has changed rims, I think for some bullitts (although there's an identical car around too, so I can't remember offhand which one has what rims) but she's still doing good. I'll def snap some pics next time I see her! The bullitt still treating you good? I'm really kicking myself now for getting rid of my stang

Good deal. Yeah, I didn't think it took too long, but it's been forever since I've worked on a mustang period lol. I'll just go get the external compressors from advance then, I only have an internal.

Last time I saw her she looked good. The dude has changed rims, I think for some bullitts (although there's an identical car around too, so I can't remember offhand which one has what rims) but she's still doing good. I'll def snap some pics next time I see her! The bullitt still treating you good? I'm really kicking myself now for getting rid of my stang

Good man, its a super easy install, you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it yourself. I'm a pro at spring changes now, if I was down there still I'd be happy to give you a hand. I've probably done over 10 sets at this point hahaha. I hate having friends who know I will work on their cars for free.

I remember him telling me he wanted to swap the wheels which I thought was dumb, but I guess thats why I got the wheels I did in the first place. Regardless, I miss the **** outta that car, I just like to know its still in one piece and that he's enjoying it. He called me 2 weeks after buying it to tell me he was tipsy one night and tried to do a burnout and it wasn't all the way in first gear....sheared the gear right off. :nonono:

The Bullitt is awesome, I've been really enjoying it. It's nice to be able to put gas in it and drive it and not have to worry if the car will start or if I'm gonna smell like gas at dinner when I take my gf out haha.

Please send pics when you see it, good luck with the springs :nice:

Good man, its a super easy install, you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it yourself. I'm a pro at spring changes now, if I was down there still I'd be happy to give you a hand. I've probably done over 10 sets at this point hahaha. I hate having friends who know I will work on their cars for free.

I remember him telling me he wanted to swap the wheels which I thought was dumb, but I guess thats why I got the wheels I did in the first place. Regardless, I miss the **** outta that car, I just like to know its still in one piece and that he's enjoying it. He called me 2 weeks after buying it to tell me he was tipsy one night and tried to do a burnout and it wasn't all the way in first gear....sheared the gear right off. :nonono:

The Bullitt is awesome, I've been really enjoying it. It's nice to be able to put gas in it and drive it and not have to worry if the car will start or if I'm gonna smell like gas at dinner when I take my gf out haha.

Please send pics when you see it, good luck with the springs :nice:

I talked to him today and he's gonna have me do it after xmas. He's not one of my real close buddies so I'm charging him $100 :D

Yeah idk why he wanted different wheels. I wanted those soooo bad, tried to trade him but he decided he didnt like the FR500s. And he called me the next day after he f*$^ed the trans to see if i knew a good trans shop :nonono:

Haha I hear you on having a reliable and smell free car. My truck is much more reliable but damn I miss the speed. I'll def get pics next time I see it and send them to you