Pro-M/Pro-Flow Remote Optimizer...

Three50won

10 Year Member
Jul 11, 2010
I was tearing through Ebay and Craigslist looking for a Pro-M MAF for 24's to buy and use on my 95 GT. I came across a remote optimizer for sale on Ebay. The price looked good and the looks interesting and user friendly, so I decided to purchase it. Over this past weekend I did some research on it and I can't wait to get it and try it out. However, I wonder why this item is no longer sold online. I couldn't find an online shop that sells them. And it also seems like it isn't made anymore. After some thought I remember seeing this, or an item like this, being sold in Summit years back when I bought my 03 GT. And then I remember not seeing it or even hearing of it again. Is there any reason why it isn't made and sold anymore?

Now I doubt there were any operational issues with them. So can anybody tell me why this item is no longer produced? I can't seem to come up with any reason other than it stops customers from having to continuously buy MAF meters and other tuning items...which in turn hurts sales. Opinions...??

• Sponsors (?)

Isn't Pro-M gone? I think a few employees bought the Pro-M line but it's nothing like it use to be. Abaco, BBK and others have created MAF's now. Pro-M back in the day were by far the most popular (C&L a distant 2nd). I know exactly what meter you're talking about. Not many purchased these MAF's.

Pro-M is gone...although I don't know all the details of how it went down. I still call it Pro-M because that's the name on the meter I was looking for. Plus I'd rather have the older Pro-M stuff because like you said they were by far the best. I never liked C&L because I don't like the idea of a sample tube style set-up. But yea I was just curious why the optimizers are no longer produced. I would think that an item such as this would be a hott ticket. And I would think that someone would have attained the rights to continue making these. Or even that another company would make a similar item. I don't know...

Pro-M is back around (new owners same great products) and doing well, Im a dealer.. PMAS is long gone.

The Remote Optimizer worked great and was way aheads of its time when they came out, I actually have it and a digitial TPS and a Air Adjuster on car in my shop right now.