problems with headers

85/96gt

Mar 27, 2004
i have a 85 gt and bought a cheap set of headers and am now regreting it.."headman" or however you spell it? anyways .. the drivers side looks a little tweaked..its pointing slightly down and towards the outside of the car so i don't think and buying an offroad h pipe is going to work to well.. cause i would need to have an exhaust shop modify it a bit to put it on im guessing?
so my questions is can i just put some pipes from the headers to some mac pro dumps or somthing like that? maybe spintechs i dont no yet.. do i really need an h pipe??

• Sponsors (?)

successfully ? hmm did it sound crappy?? i guess i dont no how needed it is?essential? as in i might lose alot of horsepower? or are we talking not much..im also on quit a budget here..if i could do it this way without killing performance i will..
thanks for all the help..

did you figgure anything out yet?
if not, my suggestion:
if money is a (huge) issue, you could buy the cheapest h-pipe out there like the summit one or some crap. instead of fooling around with the header/h-pipe joint and trying to get the H-PIPE to meet the header flange properly, try this. since some of the cheaper h-pipes come in two halves, (driver side and passenger side) and clamp together at the crossover, you could bolt each side on independantly and have an exhaust shop weld the crossover together while its on the car and fitting. then it will be one piece made to fit your car. but the crossover might end up a few inches longer or a little bit angled or sumthin,it may slightly affect perfomance too since h-pipes are designed for the timing of the exhaust gas, but thats what i would do.:shrug:
i also wouldnt count on the cheaper pipes having a lot of thought invested in that aspect anyhow.