Problems with the 6 Disc in my 02 GT

Had this problem in my 02 GT. It was because I used burned CDs with thick labels. Check the owners manual. It says not to use these CDs. I took it back to the dealer, they said the same. Also, to do any repairs they have to remove the deck for a mimium of two weeks, and no loaner! I started using markers to label my burned CDs, all is well. Good luck.

• Sponsors (?)

dhes24 said:
I had this same problem, eventually it will keep the cd in and you won't be able to do anything but listen to the radio. Simple fix, pop the dash off down by the gearshift, pull the screws on the radio, pull it out, unplug it, wait a minute, plug it back in so it resets itself. Problem solved.
yes this works, unplugging the battery for like 10-15 minutes can be a temporary fix as well.

Took mine to Ford to see what they would do about it and they pretty much told me to go **** myself and pay over $400 for a new one. So I said ok, left the lot came back an hour later with my wife, test drove a used 04 expedition eddie bauer off their used lot and just like that I got myself a new cd player.

Mine completely broke about a week ago.....it usually has happened from time to time that a CD would no eject but then it just stopped working altogether:bang:
The radio still works fine but whenever I get a day off I need to take the car in and get it sorted out

02GTRX said:
Took mine to Ford to see what they would do about it and they pretty much told me to go **** myself and pay over $400 for a new one. So I said ok, left the lot came back an hour later with my wife, test drove a used 04 expedition eddie bauer off their used lot and just like that I got myself a new cd player.

:hail2: sounds like you have the right idea!

02GTRX said:
:lol:

02GTRX said:

Funny how people are saying that you did the right thing...and why would you brag about stealing a stereo? If someone sneaks into your car and steals your cd player...just laugh about it because some good old boy probably just needed to replace his broken Mustang CD player. Maybe he even read this thread first and got the idea.
:shrug:

I didnt steal anything. The expedition was returned with a CD6 unit intact and funtional. And im not bragging about it, simply giving other people with the same cd player/dealer problem another way out.

02GTRX said:
I didnt steal anything. The expedition was returned with a CD6 unit intact and funtional. And im not bragging about it, simply giving other people with the same cd player/dealer problem another way out.

It wasn't your Expedition, so you "stole" it, but you can call it "borrow" if it sounds better. Guess when your tires get slick, you can test drive a Mustang with new tires on it and what the hey...you can put your old tires back on the test driven Mustang and it won't be like you're stealing the new tires. Right?

And I sure am glad that a whole lot of new cars are coming out with "code" locked stereo systems so at least if units are stolen "borrowed" from the cars...it will make it a lot tougher on the robbers as they try getting the units to work when they're plugged in a different car.
:rolleyes:

MEandmyKB said:
It wasn't your Expedition, so you "stole" it, but you can call it "borrow" if it sounds better. Guess when your tires get slick, you can test drive a Mustang with new tires on it and what the hey...you can put your old tires back on the test driven Mustang and it won't be like you're stealing the new tires. Right?
:shrug: QUOTE]

Nah probaly not. The chances of finding a used mustang on the lot with 295/35/18 tires is slim so in answer to your question, no.....I do need new wiper arms though cuz mine are fading....

02GTRX said:
MEandmyKB said:

Nah probaly not. The chances of finding a used mustang on the lot with 295/35/18 tires is slim so in answer to your question, no.....I do need new wiper arms though cuz mine are fading....

But if you did find the correct size tires and fresh wiper blades...would you call it stealing?

BTW, you didn't tell the used car salesman that you "borrowed" something from the Expedition, did you?

:D

No, not stealing. Exchanging is what it is but I wouldnt go that far tire wise. Yea I did tell the salesman and he said ''go ahead its not mine'' just so happens that the salesman is my cousin though...

02GTRX said:
No, not stealing. Exchanging is what it is but I wouldnt go that far tire wise. Yea I did tell the salesman and he said ''go ahead its not mine'' just so happens that the salesman is my cousin though...

"Exchanging"
Yeah, I'd like to get a police officer's terminology on that exchange. Tires are just a bit more obvious when it comes to being a wear item, but still exchanging a defective CD unit for one that functions nicer doesn't seem right to me. About like trading a 100,000 mile alternator for a test driven one with only 20,000 miles on it...hoping that the newer one is going to work out better. Good luck. Seems like your cousin may have thought twice about it...if the Expedition would have been his truck.

:flag:

Alternator huh...seems to me like im not the only one who's done this or thought of it..and relax the expedition was still under factory warranty, im sure who ever buys it will point it out and have it fixed free of cost no questions asked. ITS WIN WIN MAN!

02GTRX said:
Alternator huh...

Yeah, the alternator is an electrical part and so is the CD unit.

seems to me like im not the only one who's done this or thought of it..

Just the only one on this thread...perhaps - I still had my same 6CD Mach 1000 unit when I sold my car.

and relax the expedition was still under factory warranty, im sure who ever buys it will point it out and have it fixed free of cost no questions asked. ITS WIN WIN MAN!

But I have a feeling that if the Expedition would have been out of warranty...it wouldn't have mattered to you. And then the new buyer would just be "stuck" with your problem. Yes?

And if it was all a nice win/win swap meet, I'm sure you changed the parts out right on the parking lot. No? Hope it works out okay for you.
:nice:

Your right it wouldnt have mattered cuz the damn stealership never helps anyone for anything without charging an arm and a leg even with warranty. They refused to help me so I helped myself. The new cd player is working flawlessly! It plays cd's like it should and they dont get stuck when I eject them. Dont get me wrong I would NEVER break into anyones car just to get something I need. I felt this was how I could get even with the stealership and solve my problem at the same time so I did.

Back OT...ahem...

Mine does the same thing. It looks like the CD rubs the top of the slot. I keep a small putty knife in the pocket behind the passenger seat of my vert, and it's a pretty easy task to insert the knife and push down on the front of the CD. That done, it just pops right out like it should.

02GTRX said:
Your right it wouldnt have mattered cuz the damn stealership never helps anyone for anything without charging an arm and a leg even with warranty. They refused to help me so I helped myself.

I thought you said they were willing to help sell you another unit for $400.00 - seems like you were out of warranty and you still wanted them to warranty it for you.

The new cd player is working flawlessly! It plays cd's like it should and they dont get stuck when I eject them.

And it didn't cost you a dime...even when you were out of warranty?

Dont get me wrong I would NEVER break into anyones car just to get something I need.

Isn't that exactly what you did? But you used a "key" instead of a rock to get inside the truck.

I felt this was how I could get even with the stealership and solve my problem at the same time so I did.

You get even by stealing from the very ones that you call stealers? I'd like to have been around if the police would've drove up on you while you were making the trade. After hearing your story and observing your body english...I'm not sure that they'd give you the chance to finish your little heist. As long as you can keep on defending yourself, I'm sure you'll be okay. How often do you see employees at the dealership being led away in handcuffs?

:rolleyes:

timeless2 said:
Please continue the ethical/legal discussion in another thread and leave this one on-topic. Thank you.

I gave advice - mine basically fixed itself after I left it alone for several hours. Guess I didn't think that 02GTRX would get so defensive for his solution to the problem.

And after mine messed up twice in about 3 months it started working fine for over a year, so I don't really know what caused the problem.