Procharger

• Sponsors (?)

Lostsoul said:
I'm pretty sure you can order the kit of his site, www.trixtersracing.com thanks for his site.. I dont see an area for the "procharger discount for HOMIES" ;-)

To Mike Raburn- This answer is posted in DIRECT response to the question posted above. My membership is more important than promotion, as evidenced by my lack of posting promotional information!

Absolutely! ALWAYS take care of the HOMIES (Members)... Group purchases are also always a possibility. The goal is 5+ kits to get a real break. Out of respect for Mike and the vendors here, I cannot post pricing. You will need to contact me for details. I am NOT here to step on toes. Email is in my profile.

The 05 GT kits are ready to order, however are shipping at the beginning of May. They just released 3 new systems, and are behind a bit in production. Normally they ship within 7-10 business days.

Black- I have yet to install the system on my 05, because Snap On is sponsoring our vehicles at SEMA (We will be in their booth, most likely next to the Orange County Chopper's Snap On bike). So, I intend to get my system sponsored. in addition, they are not shipping just yet.

RonnieSVT said:
I used to have a 94 z28 with a procharger that made 642 rwhp.

I loved the procharger but if you cant afford to rebuild your motor you shouldnt install one period.

I dont care how safe someone says they are with proper tune and the proper air fuel you are still at risk.

Be verry carefull my friend :)

I agree and also (and still have) a 94 Z/28 (currently with a 383, D-1 19# and 654 RWHP) and back when it was a stock motor I ran a P600B 8# on it and the motor lasted about 16,000 miles and I had it custom tuned on a dyno (no FMU, 42# injectors) and it spun the second, third and fourth main bearings on the crank.

If you are going to throw a blower on a car you are going to see good power but you WILL join the rebuild club sooner rather than later.

Be careful and remember "Boost is addictive"

Marc

That is an early BETA type pricing structure. MSRP will be $1000 over that, while actual retail cost can be much lower but I seriously doubt that deal will last long.

The reason is the Predator and injectors are all included. This pushes the kit cost above the cost of the FMU and Pump kits for earlier year models.

crash said:
That is an early BETA type pricing structure. MSRP will be $1000 over that, while actual retail cost can be much lower but I seriously doubt that deal will last long.

The reason is the Predator and injectors are all included. This pushes the kit cost above the cost of the FMU and Pump kits for earlier year models.

That sounds reasonable, I was thinking 3900 was pretty cheap ;). To answer the previous question, at this point I really don't even remember who quoted me that. I think I googled "Procharger pricing" and clicked on a link or 2.

Right, I have seen that as well. I simply posted so you guys have an idea of what the kit consists of and there are no surprises.

This being a new kit, exact information is coming, but you can expect *Suggested MSRP* to be $5K.

I also verified their test car ran 11.60s at like 120. I am still waiting to see the actual dyno graphs however.

Latest info...

First, I talked to Jim Somers at Procharger. He drove their blown GT at the track. It went 11.60s at 120+ MPH.

The scoop is there are three Procharger combos available.

HO Intercooled Street/Strip system.
HO Intercooled TUNER system.
HO (D-1SC) Intercooled SERPENTINE RACE system.

Your choice, but the complete street system is what I have posted details about and produces 11.60s. It will just get better from there, as long as you have a tuner, not a TOONER!

The other two will require custom dyno tuning and injectors, and POSSIBLY a fuel pump or something similar to a Boost a Pump. I normally hate these units, but for a PW modulated pump on a returnless rail, it is benefitial for HI HP applications.

crash said:
Latest info...

First, I talked to Jim Somers at Procharger. He drove their blown GT at the track. It went 11.60s at 120+ MPH.

The scoop is there are three Procharger combos available.

HO Intercooled Street/Strip system.
HO Intercooled TUNER system.
HO (D-1SC) Intercooled SERPENTINE RACE system.

Your choice, but the complete street system is what I have posted details about and produces 11.60s. It will just get better from there, as long as you have a tuner, not a TOONER!

The other two will require custom dyno tuning and injectors, and POSSIBLY a fuel pump or something similar to a Boost a Pump. I normally hate these units, but for a PW modulated pump on a returnless rail, it is benefitial for HI HP applications.
So let me get this right if you put a blower on your mustang gt 05, you will be rebuilding?
Also if your looking to up your HP for everyday driving wouldn't a twin screw SC be the choice. I know Kenne B and Whipple are comming to market with them. I have not owned a blower but i am very tempted to try the twin screw, I just dont want to rebuild. If a blower = rebuilding I should just wait for the SVT Shelby...might end up being the same price....
I assume for a good SC kit and inter or aftercooler plus other parts(gears,etc..)one might be looking at 6k....
another route which might be safer:
Justin Burcham Of Justins Performance Center went 11.994 tonite with his bolt on 2005 Mustang GT

1.58 60 foot
113.5 mph Trap
11.994 ET

http://home.comcast.net/~wicked46/jb051199HQ.WMV

His MODS were:
Mods are as follows

Diablo Tune
Bassani X pipe
Axle back Bassani
Underdrive pulleys
Centerforce Clutch
Cyn-R-G Flywheel
Motive 4.56 gears
Bogart D10 rims
M/T Drags
C and L intake and Mass air meter
H and R lowering Springs
Metco Control arms

How much do you think this cost?

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1208
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/general-info/twinscrew-vs-roots-fromcatalog.pdf

NO. I am saying if you use the tuner kit or the RACE kit, you will need forged internals, and would need to build to support the power the latter two kits will make.

The standard P-1SC complete system is a complete bolt on with injectors and a Predator, and you will get 11.60s out of a STOCK GT. This is the ONLY kit of the 3 that will allow you to keep the 3 year warranty. Once you do a pulley swap on a P-1SC or buy a D-1SC, you only get a 1 year warranty.

And it will be a while on the SCREW blowers, I know for sure. In addition, they will cost at least $500 more than the Procharger base Street/Strip kit. I am expecting VERY similar power levels from Whipple.

And lastly, I do not need any more off idle power, as I can already blow away the tires. I say "OFF IDLE" because the Procharger does NOT lack bottom end power. The Roots/SCREW types will make more power in the LOWEST 500-750 RPM only, based on our dyno testing. In our experience, by the 30' mark, the Prochargers always overtake when comaring Apples to Apples. This is due to the fact that a centrifugal is a bit more forgiving on the launch. Don't get me wrong, leave hard and you will not hook through 2nd.

Neither company will release a base kit that is too powerful for daily driver reliability (They would never sell many blowers if they blow you up).

I am simply stating that Procharger has 3 systems available for different stages when you want to modify for racing, and on the tuner kit and race kits, YOU specify how much boost you want.

crash said:
NO. I am saying if you use the tuner kit or the RACE kit, you will need forged internals, and would need to build to support the power the latter two kits will make.

The standard P-1SC complete system is a complete bolt on with injectors and a Predator, and you will get 11.60s out of a STOCK GT. This is the ONLY kit of the 3 that will allow you to keep the 3 year warranty. Once you do a pulley swap on a P-1SC or buy a D-1SC, you only get a 1 year warranty.

And it will be a while on the SCREW blowers, I know for sure. In addition, they will cost at least $500 more than the Procharger base Street/Strip kit. I am expecting VERY similar power levels from Whipple.

And lastly, I do not need any more off idle power, as I can already blow away the tires. I say "OFF IDLE" because the Procharger does NOT lack bottom end power. The Roots/SCREW types will make more power in the LOWEST 500-750 RPM only, based on our dyno testing. In our experience, by the 30' mark, the Prochargers always overtake when comaring Apples to Apples. This is due to the fact that a centrifugal is a bit more forgiving on the launch. Don't get me wrong, leave hard and you will not hook through 2nd.

Neither company will release a base kit that is too powerful for daily driver reliability (They would never sell many blowers if they blow you up).

I am simply stating that Procharger has 3 systems available for different stages when you want to modify for racing, and on the tuner kit and race kits, YOU specify how much boost you want.

Thanks for all of that :nice:
I will have to wait and see. Not sure how long I can wait, getting an itch.

Crash,
I have emailed you asking some questions on the ATI for my 05. I want the HO Intercooled system installed. What about clutch and driveline issues? Should I make any changes there?
Randy G

Good talking to you. In summary...

The fact being this is such a new model, I want suggest keeping it conservative. We have only a matter of months to prove these things will hold together, eve STOCK. I ordered the P-1SC HO 9 PSI (BASE) system for mine.

The STOCK HO P-1SC will push your GT to 11.60s if you can call that conservative. What I mean is we would not recommend 12 PSI systems at this point for the sake of daily driver reliability. At least not now. Procharger DID call and verify they are now including a HIGH VOLUME pump, and we can push 10-12 PSI, however, this equates to OVER 500 RWHP. TUNER kits are also available.

This means the tune MUST be nailed (Programmer and injectors included for the 9 PSI kits), and we need to let the blower do the work as opposed to abusing (Shocking) the drivetrain when launching and shifting. That in addition to NOT riding the clutch or resting your hand on the shifter unless you are shifting (BOTH cause excessive wear).

I say this because we want to KNOW what will give up first, and there is a method to the madness. Excessive expense up front can prove problematic, especially on new models (A LACK of aftermarket upgrades). In addition, for example, adding a top of the line Centerforce clutch (800 HP piece) can actually eat a billet flywheel (This is first hand experience).

So, Procharger states they have gone 11.60s at 120 MPH in their 5-speed car, and at 9 PSI that is a pretty damn good gain. Vortech's latest test GT went 13.0 (NON INTERCOOLED) and for a grand more, you get another 40-50 HP. Not exactly the best bang for the buck, and you have to tap the oil lines. This stated for comparison only.

Crash, where do you suggest getting the Procharger kit ? If it is you, what price ? I am ready to get on and just need a place that has a clue on the Procharger and the 05.

-Bryan