Project 81 HACK JOB TRACK TIMES!!!!

what are you shifting at? that car has mid 13s with traction.

The car pulled hard all the way to redline, so that is where I shifted at. A couple runs I shifted at 5,500 just to see, but I felt I was cutting it short. The cars performance didn't drop near red line like my 91 5.0L car does. Thanks...I hope 13's are possible in the future. (Don't know when I'll be back there)

Woodward huh. That would be a hell of a time, and a hell of a drive. I will probably try and do all the big Ford and Mustang events in my time with the car! Next year maybe :D. Get to see hackjob in person!

Hell yeah Woodward!! I know it would be very far for you. There are spots to park a trailer, if you could trailer it. From your pics, I know you've got one.:D It is the most fun you can possibly have. Great people around, a lot of people, a lot of resturants, bars, food, beer, music, hotels if needes etc. The week before the cruise is busy all day and night with cars. Thanks for wanting to see Hack Job in person, and you know I have always admired your car too, so seeing it in person would be awesome. We would have to park next to each other....or maybe not because others would be pist off their cars wouldn't be getting any attention! We would have the crowd.:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Do have a trailer and the F250, but Im real big on driving the car. Only trailer it if I need to.

I can make plans to do it next year. Ive done FFWs, NMRA, Carlisle, Mustang Week, etc... need to do some WFC stuff, Woodward, Summer Nationals and others.

Id be all for drinking, partying, and doing the car thing also :D.

Do have a trailer and the F250, but Im real big on driving the car. Only trailer it if I need to.

I can make plans to do it next year. Ive done FFWs, NMRA, Carlisle, Mustang Week, etc... need to do some WFC stuff, Woodward, Summer Nationals and others.

Id be all for drinking, partying, and doing the car thing also :D.
I'm big on driving my car too. It just feels nice to go everywhere in it. Next year would be great. WWDC 2009 will come fast. They do every year! Get ahold of me! You get the first round, and I'll get the next few rounds!!:cheers:

I'd say you've got that mod motor hauling pretty good. Good times for an N/A power car. Plus the cool factor helps too :D.

Thanks. It sounded pretty good to me no matter where I shifted. I'll have to play around with it some more. The cool factor is why I built it...:D It was the nicest looking of the foxes there, but not the fastest. Thanks again!!:nice:

Where is this cruise and i want to come :D

The WWDC is on Woodward Ave. The longest and largest car cruise in the world. You know that you are more than welcome to come along! I'll give you all the directions. You and 25th could maybe ride together and save on gas. You know I'll buy you a few rounds too!!:cheers:

Link
http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

it ran 13.50 on street tires,3600 lbs and 8.5:1 comp ratio,waiting on boost hahaha.2.0 60ft on 18s too.in N/A form it should be good for a 12.9-13.0 which isnt too bad for such low comp. ratio.when i had a stock pi motor in there untuned running on the non pi computer i ran a 14.0

The cruise is one day, August 16th, 2008 (Saturday) But, they cruise the whole week leading up to the cruise, day and night. (Really, the whole month is busy) But if you come up, I suggest coming up a few days before. (Wed, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) All bars and restaurtans have parties, other lots set up tents, and it's just a good time. There is so much sponsorship and news coverage, it's huge.

Oh and the alocohol, there is plenty of it. Bars, restaurants, and the cooler in my or my friends and my Dads trunk!! We don't get too crazy during the cruise though, because you have to walk to outhouses, and we have to drive home. We ususally start at 11, done by 2, then go home whenever...5, 7, 9...?? Depends on how good of a time everyone is having. We are there rain or shine. 2007 was a great year, but 2006, and 2005 rained, but we were still out there.

25th---here is a link to the site where you can see pics of Mustang Alley
http://www.motorcityterminators.org/mustangalley/

The cruise is one day, August 16th, 2008 (Saturday) But, they cruise the whole week leading up to the cruise, day and night. (Really, the whole month is busy) But if you come up, I suggest coming up a few days before. (Wed, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) All bars and restaurtans have parties, other lots set up tents, and it's just a good time. There is so much sponsorship and news coverage, it's huge.

Oh and the alocohol, there is plenty of it. Bars, restaurants, and the cooler in my or my friends and my Dads trunk!! We don't get too crazy during the cruise though, because you have to walk to outhouses, and we have to drive home. We ususally start at 11, done by 2, then go home whenever...5, 7, 9...?? Depends on how good of a time everyone is having. We are there rain or shine. 2007 was a great year, but 2006, and 2005 rained, but we were still out there.

25th---here is a link to the site where you can see pics of Mustang Alley
http://www.motorcityterminators.org/mustangalley/

OH MAN! :eek: I'd LOVE to go!!!!

But i just started my new job 2 months ago and im afraid to take off any time... Plus.. i have a project to work on :)

OH MAN! :eek: I'd LOVE to go!!!!

But i just started my new job 2 months ago and im afraid to take off any time... Plus.. i have a project to work on :)

You gotta try, you won't be let down. Even if you came out Friday night and leave Sunday. It would be worth the trip. But, don't get fired over it.

Project???? :hail2: Do I have a PM coming? I must know more!:D

times look pretty good for the mods! did you ever get interior shots posted? maybe i missed em?

jim

Thank you. I am happy overall. I didn't really get finished interior shots yet. I still need to add the cowl vent peice after I trim it and mount the fox hood release cable to the 2001 dash. I just got extremely lazy after I got it presentable. Hell, I haven't even polished it up yet. It still has crazy swirl marks, but the yellow hides them pretty well.

Here are the only pics I have of it. My little nephew loved the car, so that is who is driving. These are like unofficial interior pics. :D

View attachment 312712

Notice where I put the mirror switch. I ran wires from the door to the switch. I thought that was the best place to mount it. I didn't want to hack up the black door panel in Hack Job to mount the switch, and I didn't want it in the console either.

View attachment 312713

View attachment 312714

interior looks great. the pictures with your nephew in it made me go watch ackbars 351 build video on youtube, i love the shot at the end of it with the kids and the "beg4merc" liscence plate. it must be something else to drive that fox with the interior in it.

interior looks great. the pictures with your nephew in it made me go watch ackbars 351 build video on youtube, i love the shot at the end of it with the kids and the "beg4merc" liscence plate. it must be something else to drive that fox with the interior in it.

Thanks. It confuses the hell out of me. I'm driving, and I think I'm in a 94-04 Mustang, then I get out, and I'm like....oh yeah....it's a fox.

You should see the look on peoples face whenI tell them it's an 81. Their reply is...no it's not!!!:D

yeah i said something along those lines in a few other threads. not only is it a 01 in a fox, but its an aero nose in a four eye, then with an 01 in there too.

edit: and shouldnt you see the bright yellow paint on the hood and say oh yeah this is teh hackjob :nice: when your driving?