Project Blue Balls(PBB) gets underway

ARBOC

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2000
Canada
I started my project, PBB, my co-workers nic named it due to the fact of the $ im spending with out my wifes approval. Over the course of a week, maybe two, I'll update my progress of the project with pics and maybe a blurp or two. Well here comes the pics.

Here are just SOME of the tools you need to do a car.

Paint guns are a must. After all you need these to paint a car. haha!!
Dscn0826.jpg

Sanding blocks are a must too. You need to sand the pannel smooth and to smooth and shape the plastic fillers.
Dscn0827.jpg

An orbital sander is nice to have. There are many sanders out there. Grinding sanders, finishing sanders, dual action sanders, long board sanders etc..
Dscn0828.jpg

power tools are also nice to have.
Dscn0829.jpg

body hammers and dollies
Dscn0830.jpg

Also an assortment of wrenches, ratchets, pliers and screwdrivers.

• Sponsors (?)

Next is a car to work on. Here she is PBB. A 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Dscn0811.jpg

I got hit a few months ago and I was waiting for the best bodyman this side of the border to fix his broken finger and get back to work. Anyhow here is the damadge
Dscn0812.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the disasembly of the car but it took me about 6 hours to take off the bumpers, disaseble the doors, all the plastic stuff like the ground effects lights etc.....
Dscn0822.jpg

Dscn0824.jpg

Dscn0823.jpg

I also had time to spray the inside of the hood and bake it at 171 degrees.
Dscn0820.jpg

Dscn0821.jpg

Well thats all for today. I'm real tired.I got 3 kids I gotta play with, but I will post more pics Monday night.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Bake it? Whys that? Keep us posted but Iwant more step by step pics. Good job man, keep all receipts to to see how much this is gonna run ya.

I baked it to cure the clearcoat. After say a 1/2 hour bake you can handle the part and install it on the car.

Looks like fun hope the wife doesnt kill yah keep us posted :nice:

I got damn neat that same kinda dent on my d/s don't know how I'm gonna fix it cause its creased pretty bad at the jam oh well I gotta go fast before it looks good I got next winter for that.

must be the place to hit we must have bullseyes (sp? lol) there mines all bitched up at the side scoop too but i bought it that way. Good thing you can't really tell in any of my pics.

Hood looks sweet if the whole car turns out like its gonna be sick

donjohn said:
i remember this project from before the crash... looking good, nice shade of blue

do you work in a paint shop or something (wondering about the oven)

Yeah, Ive been painting cars and doing bodywork for the last 8 years now. I figured since the car is in the shop for an insurance claim on the 1/4 panel and the door, why not paint the hood and give the whole thing a new coat of paint.

Just an update on Project Blue Balls
Well think I'm half way there. I've been working nights and some weekends on my car. So far this where I'm at. It needed a door. The car was hit on the passenger side and the repair on the door was mediocre. It had holes in it either from a mig welder or a uni-spoter. I decided if i repaired it, it would only be temporary. So I got a used door.
The bodyman did an exceptional repair to the 1/4 panel. He did a sheet metal pull on the frame machine. Metal worked the panel back into shape, and filled it as smooth as a babys bum. I then put 4 coats of high buld primer on the entire car. I started to block sand it tonight but I started work this morning before 8 am so I was real tired. I got the hood blocked, the left fender and the left 1/4 panel. I'm hoping it'll be done by wednesday at the latest.
I have all the parts ready to go. Ground effects, sail panels, bumpers mirrors, door handles and trunk lid panel.
Well enough of me, heres the pics.

PBB1.JPG

PBB2.JPG

PBB3.JPG

PBB4.JPG

PBB5.JPG

PBB6.JPG

PBB7.JPG

MysteryMachine said:
must be the place to hit we must have bullseyes (sp? lol) there mines all bitched up at the side scoop too but i bought it that way. Good thing you can't really tell in any of my pics.

Hood looks sweet if the whole car turns out like its gonna be sick

I can tell my car has been fixed in the same spot on the passenger side, if I look real close in the reflection I can kinda see the sanding marks.

ARBOC, It looks like you're takin time and doin it the right way, should turn out great :nice:

Well another update. I got the parts sprayed. I think it looks great. I used a slow reducer with the base coat and it went on like silk. I also used a slower hardner and reducer in the clear coat along with some plastisizer to help with stone chips and such. The clear went on nice, with just the right amount of flow. I don't think I'm going to have to polish the parts. There is a few specks of dirt in the front bumper cover but thats about it. Befoe I started I blew the floors off and then I wet the floor down with water to eliminate most of the dirt. Heres the pics

Pbb8.jpg

Pbb9.jpg

Pbb10.jpg

Pbb11.jpg

Pbb12.jpg

Pbb13.jpg

Pbb14.jpg

Pbb15.jpg

Pbb16.jpg

Awesome job man, i'm a painter as well and use satajets too. Looks like your doing a really good job on everything. I'll be flaming my yellow stang after summer. I would do it this summer but last summer I painted my other car and a young girl broadsided it a few days later and totaled it. Just be very careful after you get it done and put all that time in it, lol. Very Very careful.