Project "Face Off": 1980 Mercury Capri aero to four eye Progress Thread!

• Sponsors (?)

^ Ahhhhhh!!!! Everybody run! That flying Mustang nose just got Dave!! :eek:

We will miss him. :( Here Lynn, I will comfort you! *rubs teh beewbies*

FaceOff-1.jpg

Whelp, still need to do some tweaking and adjustments to make things fit a little better, but Lynn now officially has a four-eyed Capri, again. Might have time tomorrow to sand things down and give it a quick squirt of satin black for temp paint until we can get around to going over the whole car with filler and whatnot for the dips n' dents n' such, and then give it a proper finish paintjob - I think she's leaning toward wanting a satin black finish for the whole thing. That, and I kind of cobbled the wiring together just temporary-like just to make sure things worked, and while the driver's side DOES work correctly, the passenger-side lights have an either-or thing going on - you either get the low beam OR the high beam. I hooked 'em together the same on both sides, so either one of the plugs on the back of the light didn't get pushed on all the way (the little spade connectors inside the plug kept slipping out while I was trying to put 'em together) or I just don't have a proper connection going on there.

Anyway, all in all ... yeah. It's a Capri, again. :banana:

Pics will come tomorrow. Ran outta sunlight by the time we were putting the hood on, so things still need to be adjusted and such before I'd feel it's ready for the big reveal. :D