Progress Thread Project Swampfox

This, from what I hear, is a better controller. It's a variable speed heavy duty fan controller that starts the fan/fans at 60% then to 100%. Also keeps the fans going for 30 seconds after you turn the engine off. I am in the process of installing this controller on my Notch right now for my dual fans.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-33054
Cool it sounds perfect. I'll look into it as well since I plan on going dual fan as well.

• Sponsors (?)

So after going over everything with a fine comb and sweating bullets I finally fired her up. Rolled over no prob. No smoke no fire. :banana: Only issue thus far is my air fuel ratio guage is dead. Not sure why. I did incorporate a water temp gauge into my stack but I didnt really mess with any other ones.

Going to finish wrapping my harness tonight and running my posi and Neg cables under the car since right now they're just off to the side of the car. Still have to get the car up to temp and allow the thermo to open and top off the coolant but so far I'm all thumbs up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: 3 users
image.jpg
Today I installed new headlights. Originally I ordered a set of one piece headlights but decided I didn't like them. Ended up getting the basic ECONO replacements from 50resto. DO NOT SLEEP ON THESE. Great price for a basic replacement. The weather seals were a little flimsy and cheap but direct replacement of housing, seals and bulbs for under 150$ can't beat it.
image.jpg
As you can see there was no restoring my originals.

Anyone know any no bs adapters for aftermarket head units? I THINK mine originally had premium sound. It has three rectangle plugs and two square plugs avail for usage. The adapter I got from crutchfield only has two rectangle connections and two square. The two square don't fit at all. I'm getting full power to the head unit BUT only audio from my tweeters.

Well I kind of solved my own prob with the speakers. Would really help if I HAD DOOR SPEAKERS huh?! (Amateur hour) I'll pick up some plug and players tomorrow and see how it goes. Just want a basic audio output so I can play my Nirvana and Vanilla Ice.

In the process of ditching the black rubstrips. Can't wait to shave this winter.
image.jpg

Well I kind of solved my own prob with the speakers. Would really help if I HAD DOOR SPEAKERS huh?! (Amateur hour) I'll pick up some plug and players tomorrow and see how it goes. Just want a basic audio output so I can play my Nirvana and Vanilla Ice.

In the process of ditching the black rubstrips. Can't wait to shave this winter.
image.jpg
Looks good! Funny you say you can't wait to shave this winter. It's fun going in to it, then less fun, even more less fun, then you curse yourself for ever starting this huge process, then you dig through it and once you start applying your metal filler and the smooth bay starts to take shape you get a big smile on your face. You start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it all pays off.

Looks good! Funny you say you can't wait to shave this winter. It's fun going in to it, then less fun, even more less fun, then you curse yourself for ever starting this huge process, then you dig through it and once you start applying your metal filler and the smooth bay starts to take shape you get a big smile on your face. You start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it all pays off.

That's what he's talking about? I just thought he was trying to rush puberty.

Reactions: 2 users
It should be fine to just reinstall and start it up. People light off their cars all the time without any serp belts just to see if it starts. They only start it for a short time obviously to keep from overheating the engine since the WP won't be spinning. If it was a very short time I see no problem.