Proven 12 second combos and drag radial sizes

Kigershark

Jun 15, 2005
I'll be ordering my '05 GT in the next few days (which will probably be an '06) and I'm looking for some advice. This will be my 4th Mustang and I'm looking to make this one pretty versatile. Road Atlanta is only 10 miles from my door step so I'm sure it will see some track time, but I also enjoy drag racing.

For the road course, initially I'll be adding 18" wheels and sticky tires, 4 piston front brakes, springs, and adjustable shocks. As always, there will be more to come but that's a start. Any advice on parts that work in this department are more than welcome too.

Where I really need advice is in the power department. I want to know what combos are proven to produce 12 second et's. I'm looking to be solidly in the high 12's, the 12.70 - 12.80 range would be perfect. My '99 was supercharged, but I think I want to go NA this time. I also want to put drag radials on my stock wheels, so I would like to know which one's are working good these days, and what size works best for the '05. I know this is somewhat track and driver dependant, but get me in the ballpark.

Thanks to all for your help. I'm looking to stock pile the parts and bolt 'em on the day she comes home. Why wait?!? You guy can help me spend $5K in the meantime... :D

• Sponsors (?)

If thats all your looking for all you need is jlt or any cia w/tuner , 4.10s, underdrive pullies, X-pipe with the cat remover.. that should be the best and cheapest.

Paul' HP pinion angle adjuster helped too... In my experience, the harder you hit it, the less wheel hop I experience. Drop the clutch, and I go up in smoke but no hop. Leave on the threshold of traction? BAM!

I read they were the first in the 12s... 12.50 with the exact above mods!

I wouldn't worry about it though, Jim Somers (Procharger) went 11.60s at 120 with no suspension mods. Just drag radials on the stock machined GT wheel. Not alot of contact but you can just about see air under the left front tire.

Thanks for the comments. The Procharger sure does look tempting, and I might hold off on the engine mods until I make my final decision. I'll follow the boards to see how these things work for daily driving. A 12 second bolt on NA car sounds tempting too. Decisions, decsions...

Nolyaw said:
I have a procharger on my05 and i used Nitto Drag radials@25 psi. I got zero traction. Spun all thru first. My 60ft times sucked. Im ready for wrinkle walls!!

Nitto's are the worst of the drag radials, MT ET Street DR's are the best(from what I hear) but wear the fastest. BFG's are in the middle but definatly better then Nitto's (I've used both Nitto's and BFG's).

Try 18 PSI and heat the **** out of them.

Marc

I've watched numerous 05's at the track with various combinations of bolt ons, CAI,UDPs,SCT tunes etc. and none have done better than a 13.6. The stock 05's don't seem to crack 14.