Pulling engine ?

• Sponsors (?)

you can do it easily but why leave them on. its easy as pie to pull them off. you have to unbolt the h-pipe from the collecter anyways. having the headers off make more room to move around.

I pulled mine last week wth equal length headers, piece of cake. I have poly mounts and a hoist though. Good luck and do every seal you can.

i pulled the motor out of my brother's wrecked car the other week which had equal length shorties on it as well. no problems what so ever other than i was in a gravel lot so rolling the cherry picker out with the motor attached was impossible. wow was that an SOB. i had to swing the motor towards the front of the car then lower it down and sit it on (what was left of) the radiator support, then pull the cherry picker back, lift the motor again and do the whole process over again until i had it to where i could back a truck up to it.

you mean like this lol. I couldnt imagine tryin to remove those rusty ass headers with them still in the engine bay. I just did this about 2 weeks ago

2007_040400004.jpg

I pull all of my engines with trans/headers/shifter base still installed. They go back in that way too. All you need is an adjustable engine cradle to go along with your engine hoist.

Yeah guys I didnt want to f around pulling crap apart to get the engine out so i did indeed jack the car up to begin the pull then when i had it partially out, I lowered the jack and then it just slid right out. Yepper, thats tomb raider in the back. She wasnt much help though