push button start

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
started on mine tonight...

whats nice about this is i was able to run the power from the cig lighter harness... since i dont smoke and thinks it's 100% retarded i threw it in the trash...

is also run of that fuse which is a 20 so that works too...this was pretty simple...and im wiring retarded most the time.....

still have to finish up Saturday morning...i got to work Friday :mad:

works out well though...still have to have the key in the on position for it to start...even with they key out you can still crank it but it wont start.

pushbuttonstart002.jpg

pushbuttonstart003.jpg

yeah i know dirty!
pushbuttonstart001.jpg

pushbuttonstart004.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

id run that push button off a keyon B+ so you cant crank it without the key.

i had one on my car a while back the way you have it. my GF was messing with it and someone almost got ran over.

Not hating...

But whats the point of a push button start on a street car? If you still have to put the key in the ignition and turn it why add the extra step of having to hit a button. Just coolness factor? Just curious.

Not hating...

But whats the point of a push button start on a street car? If you still have to put the key in the ignition and turn it why add the extra step of having to hit a button. Just coolness factor? Just curious.

because...my car wont start with the key...and this is a quick fix..

I wired in a module that uses biometrics. Basically I just sit in the car and say "ignition" and it's as if I just turned the key... Then I say "start engine" and the engine starts itself. I can also switch to using a retina scanner which is located in the center vent, that confirms my identity before the voice commands start to work. I'm working on a way to use the bluetooth on my cell phone so the doors unlock themselves as I walk near the car.

:D NOW that's much better than a red wire going to the solenoid isn't it?

:lol: IT would be kind of cool though... all that in a car that doesn't even have AC lol

but still... how much can a real switch cost? Do it right the first time... <- coming from someone who spent over 50 hours modding his wiring system...

but still... how much can a real switch cost? Do it right the first time... <- coming from someone who spent over 50 hours modding his wiring system...

i tried it..

put a new starter solenoid in it, ignition switch and a neutral safety switch...didn't fix it....its either i can keep throwing money so that i can start it with the key or i can get it painted...what would you chose....my paint money is not something i want to dig into.

new ign. switch too? hmmm you have an electrical issue then... As long as the issue won't burn the car down, you'll be fine I guess... problems like that would bug the crap out of me though. I couldn't run the scantool on my car, took apart EVERY wire from the dash to the front lights and found some problems, that's fixed now.