Putting brake caplipers on back.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm assuming your asking because you want bigger looking brakes on the back. Sorry if I'm wrong but if you want bigger brakes for looks you should shell out the money for upgraded rotors and calipers. Better visual and better braking. I don't think swapping front brakes on the back will work nor is it a good idea. Most of your stopping power comes from the front. Too much on the back could cause the a** end to swing around during hard deceleration. Another option may be some brake caliper covers. Might make them look bigger. Personally I think those are a horrible idea but to each their own.

Sheash, I forgot about the E-brake! It was just an idea, I don't like the way the brakes work stock in the back w/the piston type thing that took me an hour to turn when putting brakes on, my forearms are bigger for it though. I like the Cobra brakes on the back b/c of the pistons either 2 or 4, don't know yet, it was just thought, thanks for the quick reply.:hail2:stangnet:hail2::hail2:

Sheash, I forgot about the E-brake! It was just an idea, I don't like the way the brakes work stock in the back w/the piston type thing that took me an hour to turn when putting brakes on, my forearms are bigger for it though. I like the Cobra brakes on the back b/c of the pistons either 2 or 4, don't know yet, it was just thought, thanks for the quick reply.:hail2:stangnet:hail2::hail2:

Cobra's use the same rear setup as GT's and V6's just with larger rotors. My S60R has bigger brakes all around than any -04 mustag (they are a true 13" rotor, not 12.9" like the Cobras) with 4 piston calipers all around and a drum in disk parking brake on the rear.

Sheash, I forgot about the E-brake! It was just an idea, I don't like the way the brakes work stock in the back w/the piston type thing that took me an hour to turn when putting brakes on, my forearms are bigger for it though.
I too have had problems compressing the pistons on the rear brakes. I recently bought an updated tool for the job. The tool is designed to provide the compressive force while at the same time providing an good handle to turn the piston. No more slipping out of the piston groove. No more struggling to get leverage.

The last rear brake job I did was so much easier using this better tool.

Rent it at AutoZone for $25 or buy it at Harbor Freight for the same price.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

40732.gif