Question about Tokico HP install

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
NE, OH
Hey guys, just a quicky here. Yesterday I installed new tokico struts/shocks on the stang. When I did the front pass side. I removed the oem strut, replaced it with the tokico, tightened everything up. After I tightened everything, I noticed on the oem strut, there was a circled rubber piece that you can remove. Was that suppose to go on the new ones? These came with no directions so I don't know.
On the driver side I installed said rubber piece. :shrug:

Would it do anything with one side having it and one side not?
Thanks guys
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a kind of bumpstop to me. I'm not sure on the Tokico's if they need a bumpstop or not. When I installed my Bilsteins, they said there was an internal one, so no external bumbstop was needed. Hopefully someone with the Tokico's can chime in. I'm sure we will get this answered...

I put Tokico's on my 96 Cobra. I got them from the dealer though (03-04 Mach 1 struts) they came with the entire upper mounting plate, rubbers, and nuts. Each side needs a rubber. They are the bump stops.

So, one says there not needed and the other says they are needed :doh: :D
So, you guys thing I can get away with having one side with a bumpstop on, and the other side with out one?

Sounds like a kind of bumpstop to me. I'm not sure on the Tokico's if they need a bumpstop or not. When I installed my Bilsteins, they said there was an internal one, so no external bumbstop was needed. Hopefully someone with the Tokico's can chime in. I'm sure we will get this answered...

Bilstein :rock:. Anyway if you have any questions call the retailer and ask for tech, if they don't have a tech dept. call someone who sells them (Steeda) and ask them. More times than not I find them will to help.

MM helped me with my bilsteins (which say install bump stop, but MM CC plates say do not, so I called for clarification and they were more than willing to help). The purchase was made at American Muscle.