Question about white faced gauges.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
I plan on getting some white faced gauges soon, but I have a few questions. How do they look, I have heard that the lights in my cluster wont light up the white faces right and that I have to take off the old faces, which I plan to do. But how do the gauges look at night?

• Sponsors (?)

If they don't light up bright enough, u can always change out the backlighting to LEDs. Then you'll also be able to pick the color you want your dash to light up. Thats what I just did to my Acura and now my dash lights up blue, looks awesome at night. There was just an article on here about the bulb numbers. Check www.superbrightleds.com for the bulbs if you're interested.

95strokerPSU said:
If they don't light up bright enough, u can always change out the backlighting to LEDs. Then you'll also be able to pick the color you want your dash to light up. Thats what I just did to my Acura and now my dash lights up blue, looks awesome at night. There was just an article on here about the bulb numbers. Check www.superbrightleds.com for the bulbs if you're interested.
Thanks that helps. But I from what I under stood is that the stock gauges only have bulbs where light needs to go through so on the white faced gauges, the light wont be bright enough to light the center of the tach, speedo, etc.